P0641 after during oil pump Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles Hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2

So I attempted to install a new oil pump but was interrupted half way and had to stop. I removed the water pump. I removed the power steering pump rack assembly (5 bolts) and pushed it off to the side. I used a factory gm puller and tried with that along with O'Reillys puller and when I had to stop I just reassembled and figured I would do it next week.

I don't know what happened in the short time I removed those few items but now when I start I get P0641. I did use a small map gas torch on the crank bolt. No wiring seems to be bad. There is the one plug behind the bolt and that 6pin one or whatever it is on the bottom of it. I checked the wire harness's including the harness that usually rubs and causes it over the coil packs. Anyone have any ideas while im on a break or have any clue what might have been messed up? I checked the plug for the maf as well as the map sensor. It will try to start. Sometimes backfires but that's about it, throttle plate on the throttle body will twitch but not move alot but assuming that is caused by the bigger problem. If I try to crank it I do have fuel at the fuel rail if I press the fuel valve so assuming I have a working fuel pump although fuel level recently has been reading incorrectly sometimes. Open to ideas

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Charles Hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did try to start it without the serpentine belt on to eliminate that possibility.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you forgot to plug in a sensor

The sensor in question is typically associated with the automatic transmission, transfer case, or one of the differentials.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in front of a computer. what is code P0641?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0641 code: Sensor Reference Voltage "A" Circuit/Open

So basically a wiring issue, it seems?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0641 code: Sensor Reference Voltage "A" Circuit/Open

So basically a wiring issue, it seems?

ahh yes. there's a bit about that here.

wiring somewhere. check for voltage on that pin at the ecm and then bounce around thru all the plugs on the circuit until you find one missing the 5v reference voltage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper