Water Leak.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread brought back to life.

I am having water coming from somewhere into the driver side. I pulled the cowling and find no sign of it entering the cab from there. In any case water goes thru the cowling into where the arrows point to in PIC1, so how could the screws have anything to do with the leak. Obviously i am missing something. Please help ...

I also looked at the beading at the top of the door. Could water get in from where i have pointed out in the 2nd pic.

thanks for your help, this is really bugging me, not to mention the smell in the vehicle.

Attachments

• 005-1.JPG
    005-1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 006-1.jpg
    006-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 27

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
popeye, get a water hose and a buddy. pull your carpet back on the drivers side and get someone to run water on the windshield and fender. go slowly, so you can see when the water starts coming in a certain area being hosed. i had a leak on my drivers side on my '99 4 dr yuk, it was a crack in the sealant at the top of the cowl, near the driver side hood hinge. i saw a small crack in it, and when i hosed over it, it came in the truck. i threw a piece of duct tape over it, and hosed it again, no leak! i fixed it with some black windshield sealant. after i found the crack, i sprayed some wd40 down the hole to try and dry it up and maybe retard any rust that it may have caused, cleaned up the top of the area with some cleaner and mobbed it up with some of that black 3m windshield adhesive. after it set i sprayed it back white (rattle can, my truck's white) and haven't had any problems since. not saying it's where yours is leaking, but a good place to start.

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
struggling to get the floor panel out as the screws are rusted, tried dremeling them out without success. do not want to damage the plastic panel, Any ideas that you folks would have getting this out.

The carpet underlay is soaked and i am trying to remove and dry same before tracking the leak.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resolved!
Got the screws out with little plastic damage when drilling. Pulled the carpet back to find it completly soaked and helping the rust form. Got a buddy to come over to pour water and watched the leak. As it happens the leak was from the top of the windshield beading (not the sides but the horizontal section at the top) as shown in the first pic. We taped it and the leak stopped. The water was leaking into the cab from the inside of the side pillar plastic (as shown in pic2).

Reference last pic
I also found 2 connectors lying under the carpet and wonder if u folks would know what these are for?

Again thanks for your advise and support. Couldn't have done without it.

Attachments

• 004-R.JPG
    004-R.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 002-R.JPG
    002-R.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 003-r.JPG
    003-r.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 24
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 28

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Those specific 194-type bulb sockets are for the floor mounted manual T-case shifter if installed. One should still light up with interior instrument lights the other would have lit up when the front axle engages but is not connected to rest of 4x4 system anymore if you do not have 4x4 or do have the nv243 or np8 installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack