Installed Janzer Performance Fully Ported TB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me an hour to install as well as do an oil change on the Hoe.

To be Honest with you...really don't feel that much of a difference on the intial test drive. Maybe after a few days of cruisin I'll notice something.
I did some measurements and it is def bigger then stock from outlet to inlet.

I also managed to kill my MSD 6al box when it touch the positive side of the battery cable.

YIKES!

Returning the OEM TB for my core deposit and sending out my MSD box to MSD to get rebuilt...

FUEY!

I can do a write up if people want.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Top oulet is 3 3/4in and the bottom inlet in 3in on the Janzer. Oem top outlet is 3in and bottom is inlet is 2 3/4in.

Super clean TB thats it.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Only me Babe...
forget to mention my EVAP is leaking...Nah can't be the 2nd one thatd be too easy.

Its the 1st one inside the dash. 5.3 hrs on ALLDATA and I have to remove the steering column. Nothing is ***** easy on this truck something simple as LED tail lights its a day affair!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Not much of a difference?!? Is your intake tube/filter stock? Mine was when I did it.

Hahahah I feel insulted...LOL

I got the best there is for our trucks PERIOD

VOLANT and some

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Ok so after I cooled down...I drove it last night and today this mourning. I can defenitly feel the difference in response and take off due to the TB. I have to relearn how to drive...

If I gas it as if I had the OEM TB off the line cruising b/w the TUNE and B&M shift kit she really jumps. Kinda annoying...but the performance is there. MPG...not sure yet...feel like it hurts!

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about mpg. The tb swap was a last minute repair (the oem was sticking open.. very bad!!) took mine 300mi to houston and back cruzin' between 75 and 85 the whole way got around 18/19 mpg. City driving seemed to improve and if not it didn't get any worse lol
Does it feel like it tries to stick shut when coming off idle? Just curious mine did it for about the first 20mi.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine feels like it stuck shut going from idle to rpms when driving hence the buck from a start. I also think the spring on TB has to be the culprit. Mine had 115k on it when I swapped it out. It was worn and stretched out. The spring on the Janzer one has more coil on then the OEM one and is tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrFrank