Disable DRL in 08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

golvera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help. I installed HIDs. They are awesome but need to disable DRLs because they come on and off constantly and is not good for HIDs. I was told in another forum to simply remove fuse#15 and that should take care of it. The problem is that fuse# 15 is for backup lights. Fuse# 30 and 32 are for DRLs but even though i removed them, the DRLs still come on.

Anyone know of a different way of disabling DRLs. Would be bad if only the small DRL came on but the headllight also comes on.:Plugged:

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i normally do is when i see im goin in a tunnel or sumtin i turn the parking lights on or turn the hid's off but i grew tired of doing that i had my hids for 2 years now in the on off situation u r having an no problems

OP
OP
golvera

golvera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DRLs

I have no problems but I heard that it shorten their live when they are constantly going on and off.:hands:

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard it too but no experience there well not for some reason after 2 years when i unlocc my trucc or turn the lights on both dont come on now i have to turn them on and off a few times then they both come on sometime the left does it then the right other times no problems i guess its from my trucc sitting up for so long in that cold ass garage for 11 months...

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nfamous,
Love you posts, they are quite helpful. But please, use proper grammer and puntuation :) I'm getting a headache trying to figure out your sentences :)
Great truck by the way.

O2bwln

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having a hard time saying words with 2 c's are we? yea sometimes i type as fast as im thinking the words n get ahead of my self i'll try harder to proof read lol thanx for the comments on my trucc..

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problems but I heard that it shorten their live when they are constantly going on and off.:hands:

I don't think it shortens the life of the bulb -- I believe it is tough on the ballasts (the pieces that "fire" the lights on). I have HIDs on my Z06, and that's what I had heard regarding turning them on and off repeatedly.