GM Tilt Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i installed the tilt and shock sensor Myself and had a dealer Program it for me. They have to call into gm with a Authorization number that unlocks your BMC to allow for the features. If i had them install them i was quoted about 3 and change for install of both and program. I paid 99 for them in program it. Its really easy to install yourself. Oh also if your thinking about doing the shock sensor, id recommend you do them at the same time as the shock sensor wire harness has the harness for both shock and tilt sensors.

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do they plug in to? What panel do you have to remove if any? So the tilt sensor will just plug into the shock sensor's harness? It sounds like a dealer would charge about $300 for items that are just plug in. We are taking a big trip from Utah to NY/NJ/PA/VA this summer.

Thank you Sumo

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to make sure that its attached to the metal bar under that dash. That way its more sensitive. Mine works great I have the tilt and shock sensor with the Train Horn.

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Where do they plug in to? What panel do you have to remove if any? So the tilt sensor will just plug into the shock sensor's harness? It sounds like a dealer would charge about $300 for items that are just plug in. We are taking a big trip from Utah to NY/NJ/PA/VA this summer.

Thank you Sumo

shock sensor Zip ties to the Knee bolster. Tilt sensor is 3m taped the the Drivers Foot air duct. You do however have to Remove your BCm from the holder and plug the corresponding wires to certain connectors. Thats all explained in the Instructions and its easy to follow.

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sumo and Tim. I plan on buying it soon. I looked on GM Accessories and it is $150 and $99 for the two. Is that about the best deal?

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found both at a dealer on-line for about $235 including shipping. Local dealer wanted MSRP ($260 plus tax).

OP
OP
P

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts just came in so I plan on installing them tomorrow and having it programmed Friday. Yeah, it looks like a simple install. Just a few connectors and plugging it into the BCM. Instructions are real clear. Too bad we just cannot order a sensor since if you order both they both come with the same harness which probably costs $50 or so.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yup just pay attention to what color wire goes to what color connector. Once they snap into place its gonna be Hard to get them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse