Getting back into the 2 door for good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Getting back into the 2 door. LQ9 swap

Well I know I've left you guys here and there...
But after owning a rcsb 2010 4wd and now a rcsb 1996 4wd, I'm moving back into my 2 door for my DD for the rest of eternity. It has taken me a long time figure out a 2 door tahoe is the best of both worlds. I've gained a lot of knowledge and I've gained another great GMT400 truck. I started a business with the the gmt 400 rcsb and I will be keeping it as my work truck. Thank god I kept the 2 door because now all my goodies from the rcsb will swap over and the original stuff on the 2 door tahoe will swap over to the rcsb.

IMAG0211.jpg

This is my 1996' RCSB Z71 4wd as it sits. The 2 door tahoe will get the following from this truck : Rebuilt front axle with 4.10 gears, rebuilt 14 bolt SF 9.5" 6 lug with 4.10 gears, a Zone 6" lift kit, NFab steps, TAG bumpers front and rear, 35x12.50x17 Procomp Xtreme A/T's on soft 8's, NNBS HD tow mirrors. Before I do all the swapping of that stuff, I'll be doing a 6.0L LQ4 or LQ9 swap into the 2 door. I will be using the built 4L60e thats already in the 2 door tahoe with no miles on it. I'll also be doing a 2000 NBS dash in the 2 door with the NBS gauge cluster. Once the motor/dash swap is complete I'll be putting the 2 door on a trailer attached to my rcsb truck and driving it to North carolina to my uncles body shop. Thats where will do the rest of the shit and will be repainting the tahoe. This swap will take about 4 months I'm sure they'll be plenty of pictures and I'm excited for the outcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Yeah dude, I was just reading your whole porshe experience. I agree completely there really is nothing better in the truck world to me, cause an regular cab is to small and pointless unless its a work truck strictly, an extended cab I find ugly and cumbersome and the back seat is to small, and well a crew cab OBS GMT400 would be badass but its just to much truck for me. So a 2 door is Success.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Sunlitcomet, atomichoe... Missed you guys! Whatsup?! This is my favorite forum, I'll be happy to call it home again soon.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Haha tell me about it. Sounds like youve been sickass busy on that build tho. Ill reallly be looking forward to the dash install with the motor :D

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Damn dude my whole life the last like year has been sick ass busy. Pretty much right now in my life, I'm concentrated on my 3rd year of college, starting my lawn business, starting my logo business, and getting into a truck that I will enjoy for 5 years atleast. But I mean I'm losing nothing with this I'm only gaining. I'm SOOOO Physched to do the dash/motor swap. I'm gonna pick up the dash this week or weekend from a guy in ocala florida. Hes selling me the whole dash and all parts minus the gauge cluster for $200.00 and its ready to go. Only thing is its grey, but I'm gonna have it dyed tan like the interior. I'll be so happy to get back into my plush tan interior. I'll be putting in my NBS 2002 tahoe center console that I already have in aswell.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I'm also REALLY interested to see how the built 4L60e will do behind the 6.0L, only planning mild bolt ons, LT headers, CAI, black bear tune, 3" exhaust. Undecided if I'll be getting a LQ4 or an LQ9.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I'm gonna start the motor pull out this weekend of the tahoe. Then I'm cleaning out my shed for the whole project.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Hey guys when I do the swap of all the parts, I might run the torsion bars uncranked and run like 4" of lift and 4" springs out back and swap my 35's for some 33's, crazy?

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Thanks man, we can rock matching bumpers now on our hoes can't wait. Think I'm gonna get mine linex'd with kevlar before I put them on the hoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts