Getting back into the 2 door for good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Oh yeah, full write up coming soon, some videos, prices, etc. Also very much decided on doing away with AWD becoming more of a pain every day with this big beast. I ******* hate it. Very VERY bad decision. It would be cool if it was dropped on street tires though.

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the power delivery feel with the AWD, and just the 6.0 in general? I've love to swap in a 6.0 or 6.2 some day.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Power delivery is excellent but AWD really holds it back, but it keeps the wheels from breaking and it just takes off haha.

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd probably be able to up your MPG quite a bit going to a 4x4 transfer case and driving in 2wd or just going to straight 2wd as you said. In any case, I really like the outcome. You've got a lot of mods I'd like to eventually get to.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
wfs.jpg

Started my system yesterday, decided to go rockford on this one. Made a really nice non ported box a couple years ago for the tahoe and I never used it. I have 2 p3d412's in the box. I'm gonna use a 2 channel 1000 watt alpine amp for the subs and a 2 channel rockford fosgate 400 watt amp for my speakers. Doing the transfer case swap this week and I'm gonna try to erradicate some problems I'm having. Next weekend I will take a lot of pictures and videos and do my writeups. I want to get the truck more finished before I start showing it off really. Need to push my damn front bumper up and put lights on/in it cause it looks silly right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Got back into the 2 door today. Trucks doing really good right now sometime this week some kind of write up, videos, pictures.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Took some video Sunday with my friends gopro ha should be interesting. Been busy/broke with a new job. Trucks driving fine. Next week I plan to drop it off to a good friend whos a freak of nature mechanic / wiring expert. Hes gonna finalize the wiring and shit and make it 100% and fix some sketchy wiring problems and make sure everythings good like finished 100% and whenevers hes done with that its going to a driveshaft / transfer case shop and I'm gonna have them make everything right with that shit for now. In the future I plan on doing away with my front differential and transfer case and going to 2wd. Reason being that I don't ever use 4wd and my tires / height get me out of anything I go into. Also having the d rings front and rear and the planned winch theres just no need for it right now. I also like the clean look of a 2wd truck but whenever I do this I'll be doing a 2wd 4L80e.