HVAC box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
mine is bigger and better.
Front HVAC Assembly

Attachments

• 82127909.jpg
    82127909.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OP
OP
96redsport

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zach, that tear down looked like a PITA... Unfortunately I don't have a second vehicle so whatever I do to the Hoe has to be done in 2 days that I have off. Would love to do that and get everything in the HVAC running like new tho.... Nice work BTW..

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's doable in two days but it's a shitload of work and it was my first time so it was pretty slow going but I was able to clean it up a ton and replace a lot of old parts and seals. Here a the best pics I could find of all three of the actuator motors.

Heres the mode select motor which you seem to be having trouble with. Its sticking staight out the left side of the HVAC pointing into the steering column. You can probably see it with the whole dash installed and honestly it might be possible to replace it without removing the dash but it'd be close I think. (Its right behind the steering column support structure)
IMG_1648_zps1dfd5b60.jpg
IMG_1643_zps0fb6c930.jpg
Pic of the very left side of the HVAC

Here is a pic of the temperature control door actuator in the middle of the HVAC facing back toward the cabin. Almost 100% sure this cant be removed without some removal of the dash, its behind a support structure.IMG_1647_zpsf86a2154.jpg
Fan3_zpsf02ade15.jpg

Here are the ever elusive pics of the recirculator door actuator. These are the best I had to give you an idea of where it is it. It is actually the only motor that is uncovered and I'm pretty sure with a little wiggle work it can be replaced without removing anything else so it's not too bad despite being tucked way up under the dash.
IMG_1616_zps2b0575b1.jpg
IMG_1617_zpsb9e15de1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

BTW to whoever thinks their AC is working at 100%, if your truck is as old as mine I can guarantee that it's not. Looking forward to seeing how much more efficient the new clean evaporator is during the hot ass summers down here in florida.
IMG_1618_zpsb7b4c0ab.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sure mine is do for a cleaning to unfortunate when i removed my dash i did not do any gasket/seal work on the hvac so i am pretty sure i am loosing flow rate thru the upper ducts. just did not have the money to get new gasket stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420