Tojo's 13 XL Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I traded my 08 Sierra for a new to me 13 Yukon XL SLT in August. I needed the extra room for kids and gear.

13 SLT, 5.3l V8, Champagne Silver, Ebony leather

retyheqa.jpg

There she is at the dealer's.

I've been a member of some other forums but never really did any detailed mods on my rigs. After a Google search I found TYF and my head swelled with ideas.

9e6u9aze.jpg
My first mod, Airaid MIT

Mods planned:

Esky mirrors
Retro HID
Esky running boards
Tint windows
New head unit (Advent or Alpine)
Headrest DVD monitors
New rims
BB tune

And we'll see whatever else strikes me. Although my pockets aren't add deep as some on here :sly:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love build threads!

Can't wait to see the progress!

OP
OP
tojo152

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after taking a nap I had nothing else to do but wait for football to start, so....

jevuvu4e.jpg

I took off the SLT and

aname8u2.jpg

Cleaned up her rear. Now she's getting pretty!

Not sure what to do with these yet.hmmmm...do they stay or do they go?

7yte6eda.jpg

I also bought some LEDs for the interior

u6a9u2eb.jpg

And my last for the day

e8a7abu4.jpg

USB conversion. I did this not too long after I got it. Thanks NathanJax!

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good so far! I say take all the badges off!

I got my USB plug for the dash sitting here too, did you use the stock cable that goes to the plug in the console? Or plug in an extension cable to go to the dash? I need to pick up a cable to get this done asap, the plug in the console sucks, lol.

OP
OP
tojo152

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an extension cable but it's just for charging. I don't have a USB output in the back of my radio and I have an Android anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I got them from a member on the forum. They were VLEDS 6k.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I bought some for footwell lighting too but haven't installed them yet.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote take the "Yukon XL" off the doors as well :waytogo: nice start :)

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice color choice. But is it actually called champagne silver. Because it looks identical to my color and mines called silver birch metallic.
I vote debadge the door emblems too.

Pooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tojo152 said:
I used an extension cable but it's just for charging. I don't have a USB output in the back of my radio and I have an Android anyway.

Ah ok cool, I thought you just moved the one from the console to the dash. That's what I'm wanting to do, just because its easier to access from the dash than opening the lid to charge/hook up a usb card.

You should have the same USB in the center console, even the base models come with them now, stock harness runs up and plugs in to the back of the radio.

OP
OP
tojo152

tojo152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok cool, I thought you just moved the one from the console to the dash. That's what I'm wanting to do, just because its easier to access from the dash than opening the lid to charge/hook up a usb card.

You should have the same USB in the center console, even the base models come with them now, stock harness runs up and plugs in to the back of the radio.

Yeah I have one in the console but they're was no need to connect it for me because I don't have an iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts