New ABS Plastic Grill Installed & Reviewed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kysrsze

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in my quest to ****** this NNBS I needed a new grille. I found one on eBay for about $90USD and ordered it. This is the item here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301277129398?item=301277129398&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:US:3160&vxp=mtr

The Good:

The grill itself is sturdy and made of nice rigid ABS plastic. The design is cool, the fitment is acceptable, and the installation is dead simple (once you go through the PITA that is removing the OEM grille).

The Bad:

The clips that hold the grill in place are fragile. Like very fragile. Two of them broke when I was putting it on for no good reason. There are only about 12 clips for each grill piece, so missing one or two is a big deal. I was annoyed that they broke and may have to find a way to anchor one corner of the grill if I notice it not staying put.

The Pictures:

DAbInUt.jpg

d28i9oP.jpg

tZCmnBd.jpg

gOQSIDd.jpg

6WwkK7d.jpg

a4Ay6Zn.jpg

J6LmZ6G.jpg

WYTN2h6.jpg

DS60tKh.jpg

tufxhsJ.jpg

e84Ufys.jpg

376G4j3.jpg

3B9dIks.jpg

And since I was replacing the front bow tie with a black billet one, I did the back as well. For those who want to replace the rear bow tie, beware that GM used a fuckton of apparently military grade adhesive on the back. This is what it looks like when you finally pry it off. I didn't use a heat gun, and in fact it was barely 40F outside so the job was difficult at best. But after about 10 minutes of prying (carefully) and pulling...it popped off. But I broke it in the process from bending sections of it.

d2tzaPL.jpg

I'll have to grab an after picture tomorrow since i ran out of daylight.

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Questions about the rear.

What did you use to clean off the residue?

How did the replacement mount?

I used plasti dip on the front and rear of mine. I'm not happy with the way the emblems turned out and even with the glossifier it doesn't have the finish i want. I'm still debating having a body shop paint match them.

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 28

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the same grille and was pleased with the out come. I paid $80 from a different seller. I did it a while back and don't remember problems with the clips however it was 80 degrees outside. It was a tight fit getting your hands behind the original grille to remove it and a pair of mechanic gloves would be helpful. Here is a pic

Attachments

• DSC01494.jpg
    DSC01494.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I completely disassembled mine and didn't have any clip issues.

Attachments

• During.jpg
    During.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 32

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am about to replace mine and can't figure whether you have to take the grilles apart for them to come off the car or will they come off complete?

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a video somebody just posted and he shows how to take it off by separating grill from trim. I did mine with grille and trim together. The video looks easier.

title is oem grille removal

Last edited:

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, man. Is this thing just straight black or is it like a black chrome look? I'm having trouble deciding after looking at the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dutchinfl