ABS module repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Kriss

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Yukon XL SLT. The ABS light comes on intermittently. I had the dealer look at it and they read the OBD II code. It indicated a bad ABS module. I misplaced the paperwork that had the code so I don't know which code was given. The dealer said that the module is no longer available from GM. If they could find one, the cost would be over $1200. If I get one from an auto parts store. I have to figure out which of the several they have listed is correct and I have to get it flashed by a dealer. I found a couple places online that will rebuild the module. The OBD II code the dealer read is one that both placed say will be fixed by a rebuild and I won't have to have the module flashed by a dealer. The cost is less than $150 at both places. Has anyone used a rebuild place and are they any good? The places I found are circuitboardmedics.com and www.upfix.com. Are these places any good or is there a better place that I should use?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those places that rebuild them are pretty good. I was talking to my buddy and he was telling me he's going to be sending his for repairs for his 01 Silverado

My 99 Silverado had it go out also. A few months ago I opted for the Dorman unit from AAP. It was pretty expensive, like $350 and that included the core.

I think RockAuto also has them, but cheaper.

I believe the only difference is if your vehicle had a sort of traction control option.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search ABS modules on this site or on the internet. There is a very common failure mode on these modules and they are easy to fix if you know how to solder.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, is your problem actually in the ABS Module that is under the hood with the ABS pump OR is it the ABS manifold/valve body that is on the drivers side chassis rail under the driver door?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93