01 Tahoe Gearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
33" tall tires should run a 4.10 / 4.11 gear. Anything bigger I.E. Should run in accordance. He'll look up randys ring and pinion .com. You with a 34" tall tire should run a 4.56. It will take a lot of stress off your transmission also. And lower your RPMs off the line ( from a dead stop.) Our 2002 Tahoe running 35X12.50R20'' at freeway speeds (65-70MPH is between 1900-2300 RPMs. With 4.56's )
you will see some but very lite millage back, not that much tho. You are now taller and with bigger and wider tires so you have more rolling mass.

Re gearing sine you are lifted with bigger tires will put you back to stock. I am sorry. But Ron is wrong and in correct. I loved his ***** Analogy.

Also you posted this in the wrong section you need to post it in the NBS lifted section not the 2015 and up. Not fussing at you just informing you. Welcome to TYF. If you have any other questions just ask.

Last edited:

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33" tall tires should run a 4.10 / 4.11 gear. Anything bigger I.E. Should run in accordance. He'll look up randys ring and pinion .com. You with a 34" tall tire should run a 4.56. It will take a lot of stress off your transmission also. And lower your RPMs off the line ( from a dead stop.) Our 2002 Tahoe running 35X12.50R20'' at freeway speeds (65-70MPH is between 1900-2300 RPMs. With 4.56's )
you will see some but very lite millage back, not that much tho. You are now taller and with bigger and wider tires so you have more rolling mass.

Re gearing sine you are lifted with bigger tires will put you back to stock. I am sorry. But Ron is wrong and in correct. I loved his ***** Analogy.

Also you posted this in the wrong section you need to post it in the NBS lifted section not the 2015 and up. Not fussing at you just informing you. Welcome to TYF. If you have any other questions just ask.

Welcome as well!
Glad I read your post Z Im considering doing gears with the 4l65E Im having built. If gears will keep the stress of the trans, its also worth the coin to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuellar1989

Latest posts