07 Escalade 6L80 into 12 Escalade - swapping 2012 valve body/TCM into the 2007 6L80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will absolutely not be able to use a 2007 TEHCM in a 2012. The TEHCM has to be correct for the year and the valve body has to match the TEHCM. You need to use the entire 2012 valve body and TEHCM in your 2007 transmission but swap the speed sensors from the 2007 valve body. Since it’s already programmed to your truck, it’ll work without programming but you do need to reset the shift adapts pretty quickly.

Ok that's what the Facebook responses were saying, but they didn't mention the sensors or anything. The speed sensors are both pieces with wires? So take those from the 2007 valve body and put them on the 2012 valve body. Then put the 2012 valve body with 07 sensors into the 07 transmission? I think I got it. Thanks everyone

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok that's what the Facebook responses were saying, but they didn't mention the sensors or anything. The speed sensors are both pieces with wires? So take those from the 2007 valve body and put them on the 2012 valve body. Then put the 2012 valve body with 07 sensors into the 07 transmission? I think I got it. Thanks everyone
Let us know if this works. I'm not sure about running a 2010+ valve body/tehcm on a 2006-2009 case in a 2010+ as I've never done it. But the case components themselves never changedso maybe it will fly.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the 6l80e are the same i think all the way up to 2014 even from newer trucks with the lt1.
The cases, most of the case internals are either the same or immaterially different. Valve bodies and spacer plates are definitely not all the same. 2010 saw a redesign of the vb and plate; 2014 saw the introduction of a new spacer plate with an 8th checkball (2006-14 had 7 check balls). You can retro an 8th check ball in all VBs back to 2010 if you install the 2014+ plate.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update. Zero issues, been driving it for a week. Knock on wood this lasts till I get the original rebuilt.

Thanks everyone
Great news, @jrobie79.So the VBs are interchangeable as an entire assembly provided the TEHCMs are either fast-adapted, reprogrammed if necessary or a 'correct' TEHCM for the vehicle is installed (the TEHCMs themselves never changed structurally, just programming-wise)...Haven't tried swapping across vintages for obvious reasons but now I know it will work if performed.

Thank you for following up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito