11 tahoe service suspension messages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoops0625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey did the resistors on the all the shock plug ins and got thoes codes to go away, still have the front leveling sensors plugged in so don't have a code for that but am getting the codes for the rear leveling sensors (which I must have thrown away) I've read a million forums trying to find out how to attach a resistor to the 3 wire (green, green w/ black line, and orange) for the rear sensor leveling vavle to get the message off my dash. Thank you for the help!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

The resistors go across the wires that you actually plug into the shocks. I've only see 2 wire connectors for these systems. You do not need to do anything the leveling sensors themselves (which is where I think that you are referring to 3 wire connectors).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

The resistors go across the wires that you actually plug into the shocks. I've only see 2 wire connectors for these systems. You do not need to do anything the leveling sensors themselves (which is where I think that you are referring to 3 wire connectors).
lol, ya that's big oops

OP
OP
H

hoops0625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got thoes put in and for that day I got them in I didn't have the message service suspension system on the dash, but the follow day I started it and it popped back up. When I searched it and was reading different threads I swear I saw something about the auto level system (the bars and controllers that have the 3 wire plug) that if you don't have thoes plugged in they'll send back a code to tell the message to come on. The fronts are plugged in and hooked up and I must have thrown away the rears so the plugs are just hanging there, do thoes plugs in the rear need a resistor that might be turning the message on?

And I watched a YouTube video on a 06 ish yukon and he found the computer for the suspension crap and cut the power and he said never had a code or any problems after that? Is that doable for a 11 tahoe ltz?

Thank you!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a Suspension Control Module in the rear near the spare tire, but that module controls both the electronic shocks and the air lift capability of the rear shocks. I suppose that you could disconnect the Suspension Control Module and see what happens.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got thoes put in and for that day I got them in I didn't have the message service suspension system on the dash, but the follow day I started it and it popped back up. When I searched it and was reading different threads I swear I saw something about the auto level system (the bars and controllers that have the 3 wire plug) that if you don't have thoes plugged in they'll send back a code to tell the message to come on. The fronts are plugged in and hooked up and I must have thrown away the rears so the plugs are just hanging there, do thoes plugs in the rear need a resistor that might be turning the message on?

And I watched a YouTube video on a 06 ish yukon and he found the computer for the suspension crap and cut the power and he said never had a code or any problems after that? Is that doable for a 11 tahoe ltz?

Thank you!
no they just need to be connected, no resistor, resistor goes on the shock's only, all 4 corners
the suspension system is more than just shocks it also gets information from the ride height sensors, abs, steering wheel.
**the only time you might need to do anything with the ride height sensors is if you lifted it or lowered it a lot, then you would need longer or shorter rods

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though resistors are used everything else still needs to be connected, the pulling the fuse thing only works for the air pump (supossedly)

OP
OP
H

hoops0625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a Suspension Control Module in the rear near the spare tire, but that module controls both the electronic shocks and the air lift capability of the rear shocks. I suppose that you could disconnect the Suspension Control Module and see what happens.
There's like 3 around the spare tire area. Lol
I got rid of all the air stuff and socks so basically don't need it. Like you said unplug it and if that fixes it then I'm golden lol

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's like 3 around the spare tire area. Lol
I got rid of all the air stuff and socks so basically don't need it. Like you said unplug it and if that fixes it then I'm golden lol
The Suspension Control Module is a rectangular piece approximately 4" wide and 10" long and 1" tall, connected to the undercarriage by 2 bolts (I believe), and it is to the left side of the front-to-back centerline of the truck.

OP
OP
H

hoops0625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Suspension Control Module is a rectangular piece approximately 4" wide and 10" long and 1" tall, connected to the undercarriage by 2 bolts (I believe), and it is to the left side of the front-to-back centerline of the truck.
Ok I'll throw it on the lift and check. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz