1999 K1500 Power Steering pressure control Solenoid Delete questions, With updated issue!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZEUS1

ZEUS1

Reaction score
Update after a week of driving, the new pump started whining, so i am going to replace that, and go from there i guess. I am kind of annoyed by the quality of replacement parts these days. I'm just saying :(

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh...that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

You want to hear a story related to PS pumps?

Shortly after I bought my K3500 I loaded it busted concrete and rock. I bought the truck as a beater for a home renovation project. So when left headed to the landfill when I got to the first red light, the brake pedal went to the floor. When I took off again, I realized I didn't have power steering assist AND brake assist! Hydro boost FTW, LoL.

Anyways, I was able to get back home safely, basically ridding on my brake pedal and using the parking brake. Didn't help I had like 3,000lbs in the bed. It helped the traffic was light and school zone speed limits were on.

But when I got home (a little shaken up), later that day I went to rent a pulley puller. The pulley literally fell out of the pump! WTF I thought!? The shaft had broken off inside the pump! Pulley was just free wheeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito

Latest posts