2003 Yukon Power Seat Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lone Pine Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The driver's side seat controls have started working in reverse....up is now down, down is up. Forward is rearward, rearward is forward, etc. The control switches check out fine. Has anyone had this happen? Pretty sure I didn't pass through the Bermuda Triangle

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another member a few years back reported that cleaning a certain ground wire was the fix. The ground location was one of the two that are next to each other, right behind the left front driver's wheel, on the body mount on the frame. One of those is the BCM ground (also look for one in a similar location on the passenger side that is for many of the interior electronics).

Other than that, the BCM might need a calibration (firmware) update or the DDM (switch) might be bad. If the DDM calibration hasn't been updated, that might also be an issue.

You've likely already found out that removal of the Driver Door Module requires removal of the door panel (card) unless you are into breaking clips and screw mounts.

4x4 Left_Side_Frame_Rail_Grounds.jpg

Please report back with a fix, or not, so we have better knowledge about the cause.

Last edited:

29tomt

Reaction score
My 2003 driver seat switch that moves the seat front to back and reverse does same thing. I just assumed PO put in the wrong switch to fix a broken switch. I decided to just leave it that way since it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts