2004 Southern Comfort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daily Bread

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased this 2004 Southern Comfort Tahoe new and to this day its like driving on a couch .

Its only got 100,000 miles on it and the only things that have been completely changed are the brake supply lines and a radiator , both rusted out and its probably because of non use .

A few cracks in the Southern Comfort plastic outside parts need replacement but other than that the truck runs like new

I change the oil every 4000 mi.

Now I've got a problem with the passenger rear door and I cannot open or close it . I took the panel off from inside and the actuator seems to be working and all control arms seen seem intact and connected . Im guessing the door lock is the problem but since I can't get the door to open ,I can't unscrew the lock plate which is only accessible with the door open . Is there a way to open it ? I've tried everything and the next step is the dealership or a locksmith and that's going to cost this unemployed senior a few needed dollars .

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased this 2004 Southern Comfort Tahoe new and to this day its like driving on a couch . Its only got 100,000 miles on it and the only things that have been completely changed are the brake supply lines and a radiator , both rusted out and its probably because of non use . A few cracks in the Southern Comfort plastic outside parts need replacement but other than that the truck runs like new - I change the oil every 4000 mi.
Now I've got a problem with the passenger rear door and I cannot open or close it . I took the panel off from inside and the actuator seems to be working and all control arms seen seem intact and connected . Im guessing the door lock is the problem but since I can't get the door to open ,I can't unscrew the lock plate which is only accessible with the door open . Is there a way to open it ? I've tried everything and the next step is the dealership or a locksmith and that's going to cost this unemployed senior a few needed dollars .
you should be able to just push or pull the control arm and push on the door at the same time and it will open. I open them at the junkyard like that all the time

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing this is some sort of specially modded by a third party company Tahoe? Never heard of a southern comfort Tahoe. We need pics haha.
Ya there are a few around, no longer in business can't get parts. and unless I am mistaken the owners son started his own business called black widow

*I think they made them up until around 2009, there are a few gmt900's with the body kit rare though

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.