2008 tahoe p0300...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_Name

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading! 2008 tahoe 5.3 K1500 190k miles. The truck has no cats, just headers into a single dynaflow. So the 02 sensors are located about a foot or 2 from each other. It has been this way since I bought it a year ago.

Put gas in, drove back from lunch break, it was fine. Cranked it up to go home and it's running rough the whole way. P0300.

I checked the plugs, all plugs on driver side were pitch black. Passenger side were light brown, much better looking.

I replaced all plugs and wires. Still rough idle and random misfires on drivers side bank. Particularly number 3.

So I swapped number 3 and number 2 coils, erased codes. Getting P0300 and P0171 bank 1 lean. Still getting a lot of misfires only on drivers side bank though.

I am cleaning the MAF right now.

ST FTRM1 0.0
ST FTRM2 0.0

LT FTRM1 24.2
LT FTRM2 -25.0
MAF 0.80 LB/M
Fuel pressure 58 psi

Any ideas what I should try next?

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could just be bad gas, I would drive that tank down and fill it with premium see if it helps

OP
OP
User_Name

User_Name

Reaction score
Could just be bad gas, I would drive that tank down and fill it with premium see if it helps
I will do that right now. The truck has had a small miss at idle maybe once or twice a red-light. It has been going on for a couple months now, but it's never affected the performance. I am not certain which cylinder it was though.

OP
OP
User_Name

User_Name

Reaction score
I got it down to the empty line and put half a tank in, gas is kind of pricey, but no change.

Cleaning the MAF also had no effect. Misfires are still all on drivers side bank.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so drivers side is adding 25% fuel, passenger side is removing 25% fuel.

gotta admit, I've not see that one.

feels like swapping o2 sensors side to side and see if it switches might be a thing to try or if you have to money just replace both. they are considered a maintenance item.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have any broken exhaust manifold bolts on the drivers side?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I've seen a case or two online -- although I don't recall exactly where -- where this happens due to over-fueling one bank will lead to the other bank trying to compensate. Hence the yin-yan activity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
User_Name

User_Name

Reaction score
I will swap O2's this afternoon and check back in with yall. Thanks for all the input

feels like swapping o2 sensors side to side and see if it switches might be a thing to try or if you have to money just replace both. they are considered a maintenance item.
Npu