2015 Tahoe third brake light removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry2015Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello,

Anyone have instructions on how to remove third brake light on a 2015 tahoe? mine is cracked and full of water and I want to repair/replace. I can't figure out how to remove it. there are no screws and I don't want to pry it if I am missing something. please help.

thanks in advance,
Terry

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that if you are asking, it is not covered by warranty. How much labor would your dealer's body shop charge? My understanding is that the labor rate for non-mechanical work ata body shop is pretty reasonable. Another option, depending upon the cost of the light might be to file a claim with your insurance company. I suspect that comprehensive might cover it unless you hit something.

Felix324

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Brian. I have the same issue. Thanks for the post. Could you tell me what book you got this diagram from. I watched a utube video that showed that Part Number 4 in the diagram should also be replaced as it brakes easily when removed. I need to know what the part number and name is so that I can order it. Hope you get this. Thanks.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Body shops will charge anywhere from $42-$80 per hour depending on your area. Pop the glass up, youll see the bolts underneath.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for finding that for everyone. That was great.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Ebay and use "2015 Tahoe oem brake light" as your search and you should be able to find the part # or do a Google search using the same info.

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use this part number at the various GM dealer websites for the best price (or ebay):
https://www.iamgmparts.com/auto-par...ne/electrical-cat/high-mounted-stop-lamp-****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho