2021 2nd Row Buckets for Bench Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still intrested?
I was able to get the bench seat swapped out for the captains chairs, perfect black leather match. You will get a 4 inch wide 16 inch long metal floor board exposure. But that can be easily covered with the carpet removed to fit the chairs, that was part of the installation, or proper fit - set of floor mats made by Tuxmat. For 7 seat environment.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bench swap for captains chairs went smooth, each chair (bolt pattern) are spaced at 13 inches apart. Once the bench 60/40 is out, you have to cut a small section of carpet to expose the factory threaded holes to secure driver side chair. We swapped the plastic housing/shrouds so that it matches as if it came factory install as well. With the carpet cut, you could use to cover the section that was exposed from bench seat on passenger side, or just do without. If properly designed floor mats are used, then it's all hidden anyway.

Attachments

• chairs.jpg
    chairs.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 8
  • expose threaded holes.JPG
    expose threaded holes.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 60_40_passenger side.jpg
    60_40_passenger side.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 7
  • chair_floor_mounted.JPG
    chair_floor_mounted.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 8
  • TuxMat2.JPG
    TuxMat2.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 5

BAMAUSAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bench swap for captains chairs went smooth, each chair (bolt pattern) are spaced at 13 inches apart. Once the bench 60/40 is out, you have to cut a small section of carpet to expose the factory threaded holes to secure driver side chair. We swapped the plastic housing/shrouds so that it matches as if it came factory install as well. With the carpet cut, you could use to cover the section that was exposed from bench seat on passenger side, or just do without. If properly designed floor mats are used, then it's all hidden anyway.
Good stuff - I am about to purchase a 2021 Suburban Premier which has the upgraded captains with heat and power fold -- Jet Black. We want a bench but to get the options we desire, need to get the Premier or find a tricked out LT or Z71 Surburban - will be going other way than you (captain to bench) - but your pictures show it is very doable. Would love to find some instructions or video going opposite. Jet black bench seems to be available on Ebay - not sure I'd want to swap my captains for a non pwr folding bench, may just keep to reinstall if needed -- if anyone has any good pointers/instructions going from captains to bench, would appreciate -- tks

Last edited:

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a 2001, I am not sure if the floor bolt pattern would be just as easy, assuming it would be not entirely sure.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a 2021 as Premier was not offered in 2001. He can go in and edit his post to 2021.

BAMAUSAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang - just saw this - yes, 2021 -- waiting on the vehicle to be ready, purchasing from Carvana -- also scoping out 2nd row benches to swap out -- will edit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dboric