2025 yukon debut and predictions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this new look front end on the 2025 Denali kind of...too much?
I want to see it with a chrome-delete before condemning it. Here's a hot take though, it's crazy to think we'd see the day models like the QX60 and Sequoia are completely crushing GM in design and performance (Escalade V excluded).

bryan8252

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to see it with a chrome-delete before condemning it. Here's a hot take though, it's crazy to think we'd see the day models like the QX60 and Sequoia are completely crushing GM in design and performance (Escalade V excluded).

I don't think it looks bad, but I agree with you about the chrome. Chrome has really started to disgust me over the past few years.

As far as the Sequoia crushing GM in design... have you looked at the Sequoia with its ridiculously hampered interior storage layout? Not looking to start any argument but I test drove a Sequoia and while I like the looks, I could not buy something that large with such minimal interior storage space. With all 3 rows up it barely has more storage than my Lexus GX460. The Tahoe/Yukon can't be touched by Toyota's newest generations for storage which is important to me. Obviously for those who don't need a lot of storage, then I would go Sequoia over Yukon.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it looks bad, but I agree with you about the chrome. Chrome has really started to disgust me over the past few years.

As far as the Sequoia crushing GM in design... have you looked at the Sequoia with its ridiculously hampered interior storage layout? Not looking to start any argument but I test drove a Sequoia and while I like the looks, I could not buy something that large with such minimal interior storage space. With all 3 rows up it barely has more storage than my Lexus GX460. The Tahoe/Yukon can't be touched by Toyota's newest generations for storage which is important to me. Obviously for those who don't need a lot of storage, then I would go Sequoia over Yukon.
That's good that you mentioned storage as an important feature. Everyone value's different things in vehicles, which is good for competition. I don't think any competitors make anything with as near as much storage as the Burb/XL/ESV (maybe the Expedition MAX?).

Also, even though the 2 I mentioned have more hp/tq than the GMs, they are also TT V6s and aside from the recent 6.2 woes, GMs LS/LT V8s are much simpler and reliable, another important factor people consider.

bryan8252

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's good that you mentioned storage as an important feature. Everyone value's different things in vehicles, which is good for competition. I don't think any competitors make anything with as near as much storage as the Burb/XL/ESV (maybe the Expedition MAX?).

Also, even though the 2 I mentioned have more hp/tq than the GMs, they are also TT V6s and aside from the recent 6.2 woes, GMs LS/LT V8s are much simpler and reliable, another important factor people consider.

I am hoping that GM can get those 6.2 issues fixed for the 2025s

BacDoc

Reaction score
I drove a lot of the big SUV’s before buying a Tahoe, and I was really hoping to get a Sequoia for Toyota reliability but…
Sequoia isn’t even close in size, luxury and performance and I was surprised by how cheap it felt and looked, the plastic spray painted wheel wells look like a rattle can job and the sound of a V8 going through the stereo system when you accelerate is laughable. I can’t believe they did that! Plus its gas mileage is worse than the 6.2l Chevy. List price on Sequoia is mid $80k for some options similar to GM but Toyota doesn’t come off msrp. GM and Ford will usually negotiate below msrp.

The Expedition was nice but doesn’t have the power or tow capacity with its twin turbo 6 cylinder engine but I have to say it blows away the Toyota as far as performance and interior quality and storage space. Seats were way nicer than the Sequoia and the Expedition was close to the Tahoe for rear storage.

Jeep Grand Wagoneer was very nice but similar trim level to High Country was around $10k more. The luxury features are definitely up there but reliability might be the worst of the segment.

I have to say all of them drove really well. Toyota was definitely not as smooth as the Expedition and the Tahoe with 6.2l was the best handling and the best sounding engine of all. Especially with dual exhaust with 4 chrome tail pipes! Best rear end in the big SUV’s.

Quality control especially for Toyota is way down and GM, Ford, Jeep - they all have quality control issues. The 10 speed Ford transmission has as many or more class action lawsuits as GM has with AFM/DFM. The new Sequoias and Tundra’s have problems with the new drive train. The previous V8 was much better and just like Ford and GM the problem is with emissions fuel economy mandates. It comes down to picking what you want in quality and performance and hoping that your vehicle is not one of those that are in 2% fail rate.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither the infiniti or sequoia has anywhere near the space the gm full sizers have. Believe me I'd have bought the toyota. 3rd row doesn't fold flat either lol.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither the infiniti or sequoia has anywhere near the space the gm full sizers have. Believe me I'd have bought the toyota. 3rd row doesn't fold flat either lol.
yeh there’s no doubt the GMs own the cargo space realm, I was referring to the styling, the new QX80 interior is crazy, I want to see the full reveal of the new Denali interior.

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any solid reports on when GMC will shut down 24 production and switch over to 25?

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any solid reports on when GMC will shut down 24 production and switch over to 25?
I hope to answer that question as well. I just called the dealer that I have my fourth attempt at a 2024 Yukon XL Denali Duramax ordered through, and requested that mine be changed to a 2025 model whenever that is possible.

At this point, I have waited so long that I'd be kind of annoyed to be getting a 2024 only a short time before face-lifted 2025s start appearing. I don't absolutely have to have one of these anyway, so might as well do this and have an option for a 2024 somewhere else just in case there's something about the face-lift I don't like after seeing one in person, whenever that is.

I feel like the LZ0 engine could prove to be more ideal than the LM2 since it does seem just slightly better overall, and I'm looking forward to any other possible improvements that might be available, like the integrated recording camera system I read about somewhere? Maybe, just maybe, they will add a transmission shift lock release that doesn't require a special tool to be bolted in underneath--so that the thing doesn't have to be dragged onto a flatbed in case the worst of some kind of a mechanical failure were to ever occur!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts