4 or 6 inches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i wanna do a suspension lift and i wanna do a 4 or 6 inch but i wanna do it all on my own and i was wondering what all is do you install is it like an add a leaf kinda thing or is it blocks or is it springs for the rear end and i think i understand the front end but it is it really complicated to do

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Nope, ifs is easy imo. Just time consuming is all. Rear is easy: blocks, aal's, or new springs. spend the extra $ and go with new springs and cut down on the axle wrap. go with a 6, you will be hating yourself later for not going bigger.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with that guy^^^ Always go bigger or you will regret it later down the road. I was going to put a 6.5" Dick Crepek lift on my tahoe, but decided to go the other way after much debate. But IMO spend the extra $$ and get a good quality lift and save money in the long run. The DC lift is one of the best from the reasearch that I did, and get new leafs don't go with blocks though add a leafs might not be too bad, but for 6" you would have to add quite a few of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tom10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so you can just get new springs for the back or do you have to do aal

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you can just get new springs for the back or do you have to do aal

SLAM THAT *****!!!! haha id get a 6 inch suspension lift for sure! i have a 14 inch lift on my dodge its awesome! but the hoes a daily driver so i slammed it!!! 40's get expensive when u drive on them all day!!!

OP
OP
T

tom10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok nice well can anyone suggest a good suspension lift for a decent price

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok nice well can anyone suggest a good suspension lift for a decent price

Go with a lift from Dick Crepek IMO, spend the money and do it right the first time

But any company that has been around for a while should be fine. Heres some

Dick Crepek 6.5"
Pro Comp 6"
Rough Country 6"

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

the only thing is try to find a lift that has a full 6" dif drop for the front so your CV angles stay good

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Go with a lift from Dick Crepek IMO, spend the money and do it right the first time

But any company that has been around for a while should be fine. Heres some

Dick Crepek 6.5"
Pro Comp 6"
Rough Country 6"

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

the only thing is try to find a lift that has a full 6" dif drop for the front so your CV angles stay good

x2, RC is a great lift for the money, but cepek is definitely the strongest of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts