8 speed review in Corvette relating to the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait! As mentioned in the article, words like "faster", "seamless", "durable", "economical" describe the 8-speed

Words like "old", "hunting", "disintegrate" describe the 6-speed

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait! As mentioned in the article, words like "faster", "seamless", "durable", "economical" describe the 8-speed

Words like "old", "hunting", "disintegrate" describe the 6-speed

Let's be fair and objective.
The reality is this..
Transmission behavior is a program chosen by GM's engine and transmission calibrators, and not a voluntary act by the transmission itself. Hunting, and lazy shifts can be eliminated by programming, which is available through aftermarket tuners.
My wife's 6 speed is absolutely horrible. Hunts, big gaps in shifts, and bad response when flooring the gas pedal. All of which is instantly correctable with a different tune. The problem is that a more aggressive program will result in more jolting in shifts. For my wife, the factory settings are fine, but I couldn't drive it as a daily driver set up that way. My truck shifts hard and crisp, and it like it that way.

The 8 speed allows more aggressive shifting that is less noticeable to grandma and grandpa. It's going to feel much better to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210

Latest posts