Aftermarket source for torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z28A4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for quality aftermarket Z71 torsion bars?

I'm looking for equivalents for

Left side - GM 19332929 (code 6XL)
Right side - GM 19332930 (code 7XL)

19332929 is no longer available trough GM.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a different kind of enthusiast forum from, say, the '94-'96 Impala SS Forum.
They've been making their full-size sedans considerably outperform OE for the last 25 years.

The enthusiasms I encounter most often here are for original equipment.
The few people in this forum that want more acceleration, sharper handling, or quicker braking from their Tahoes / Suburbans tend to be the exception, not the rule.

The only thing I know for sure is what you already covered in your first post regarding the RPOs that start with 6 & 7 corresponding to the front springs.

We don't even know how similar or compatible our torsion springs are to the GMT400 or GMT900 springs. At least that would open up our options considerably.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the main issue with torsion bars is there are no (well) known aftermarket solutions, there very well could be some out there but it wouldn't have been a popular solution and would be expensive. Plenty of other suspension components out there in all forms, just not torsion bars.
that's why after 698 views no one had a answer and is likely why the question was posted to begin with.
if you google you will mostly find "keys" and performance mannufactures for other brands, so your best bet would be to maybe reach out to one of those performance brands and inquire about having some made. I doubt that there is enough interest in them for a manufacture to create a line of them and make a profit.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I wish that there was more detailed data / info regarding spring heights and rates.
GM made enough variations of Tahoe & Suburban torsion springs, that we should be able to make more precise use of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb