Another headlight retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cameradude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
need more specifics...

Just bought a pair of 07 Tahoe Spyder replacement headlights w/ ccfl halos and am looking to swap out the halogen projectors to hids. What brand and model should I look for to run DS2 bulbs that will be a drop in fit to the Spyder housing? Also will I have to shave down the bulb socket for fit? If so, how is that done. Sorry, I'm new to this hid retro thing...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those replacement headlights you got already have built in projectors but not the kind you want. A true "retro fit" is most usually done in stock clone head light housings with a projector/shroud combo that you have to put in there yourself.

cameradude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...been reading that. Some of the guys have advised just modding the oem light but I've already purchased and installed the lights. Guess I'll have to think about it. Gonna do some more reading on this as I've been given a few links on people that have done retros on my particular vehicle.

LTN09

Reaction score
No one on here in the retro buisness?
Or a DIY??
I cant seem to put in basic HIds. :(. Theses retros are the only way to go.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Flame Customs/Performance Auto Solutions are professional retrofitters who are vendors on TYF.

A member called B.G. also does retrofits for other members.

There a couple of DIY threads including this one: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45831

otherwise, the best place to get information about retrofits, both for DIY or by a retrofitting service, is hid planet.com.

There's also a mountain of information on the TRS website: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/resources.php

And a lot more info in the yellow link in my signature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank