Anyone know why this happens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
Nevermind about the dash lights i see its a common problem and the headlight/dimmer switch needs to be replaced

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve found it depends on the brand of bulbs especially the newer the vehicle. My 02 doesn’t seem to care as much as my 08.

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
Well i replaced switch today and still have the problem.

Some of the dash lights not working. Also the top steering wheel buttons light up on both sides but the bottom ones do not, are they supposed to id imagine they are.
So any thoughts or suggestions?
If they were all out id immediately go for the fuse but its only some and theyre all over not right next to each other
FKK

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some of the dash lights not working. Also the top steering wheel buttons light up on both sides but the bottom ones do not, are they supposed to id imagine they are.
If they were all out id immediately go for the fuse but its only some and theyre all over not right next to each other
FKK
The bulbs in all the switches as well as dash lights tend to burn out, I mean you’re talking a 16 year old vehicle with over 200,000 miles. They’re all incandescent in this model year so no forever-lasting LED’s like the 07-up. I can tell you from experience they’re not easy to replace, at least not the ones in the switches. You can buy the bulbs themselves if you’re good at soldering tiny things or you can buy used switch modules with new bulbs, either incandescent or led. I bought bulbs from https://carradiobulbs.com/ and they have some good how-to videos. eBay has sellers that replace the bulbs and do exchange modules I think where you pay a core charge. Others will chime in I’m sure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

FKK

Each switch has its own lighting. The link @Rocket Man posted carries a lot of different bulbs, and I've used them with success.

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
Thanks guys
Didn’t realize they each had their own bulb so now it makes more sense.
I wish I could pay information back but not gonna happen in this forum lol

Thank you it’s appreciated

Jonmurphy

Reaction score
I was about to post that same thing as I learned today.....
I dont have time to fk around with diodes or resistors or capacitors...but thanks to everyone that replied.....I may go back to the stock bulbs though im not finding any info on which bulbs to get for the dome/map front lights and also for the middle and rear cargo lights....anyone?
Apparently cannot read when you have 2 inputs to your bulb and 1 of them makes the bulb dim that means the switch has too much resistant take it out clean it out real well spray it was contact loop that's all what's all it's BS about diodes LED's.. LED for 12 volts are all ready to Use on 12v All aparts stores have them they put out more light and last much longer. You're also talking about 4..5 times more Cost

Jonmurphy

Reaction score
Apparently cannot read when you have 2 inputs to your bulb and 1 of them makes the bulb dim that means the switch has too much resistant take it out clean it out real well spray it was contact loop that's all what's all it's BS about diodes LED's.. LED for 12 volts are all ready to Use on 12v All aparts stores have them they put out more light and last much longer. You're also talking about 4..5 times more Cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevelle ss

Latest posts