Anyone try this 8/10" underseat sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Might be a good option for a single or dual s or 10s that they show. Sure it's not a massive bass box like in the back, but keeping it OEM looking and under the seat, not taking up any passenger or storage/cargo space is always a win. Mounting depth gives you some better options perhaps.

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Currently I have a reg box in back but easy to see fit thieves and well if an accident could be projectile I guess since I never put L brackets on it [emoji51]. ESP with my kids, don't need anything crazy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checkout subthump.com Same concept, but I know subthump has a good rep for making good boxes.

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checkout subthump.com Same concept, but I know subthump has a good rep for making good boxes.

I did, I've had 2 ST boxes but they don't make a NBS Tahoe. Not even sure why it shows 2000-2010 in the pic [emoji848]

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JL Stealthbox under the front center console. Sounds pretty good and can crank when needed. I have it tied in with this 5 channel JL to power the rest of the truck.

IMG_6219.jpg

The JL box cannot be stolen unless you remove the seats and no one knows it is there. It is pricey now that I look back at what else is out there, but the stealth part was what I was after rather than the box in the back.

I am working on the 00-02 OEM box, but do not have anything in it at the moment, behind the drivers side panel that cannot be seen easily other than the cutouts, but 5% makes that virtually impossible. This option would be a great addition to be under the radar. Not audiophile quality I'm sure, but could be some good bump and again don't have to remove it or worry about the kids either. Like your thinking and the price is pretty damn good too.

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JL Stealthbox under the front center console. Sounds pretty good and can crank when needed. I have it tied in with this 5 channel JL to power the rest of the truck.

View attachment 74299

The JL box cannot be stolen unless you remove the seats and no one knows it is there. It is pricey now that I look back at what else is out there, but the stealth part was what I was after rather than the box in the back.

I am working on the 00-02 OEM box, but do not have anything in it at the moment, behind the drivers side panel that cannot be seen easily other than the cutouts, but 5% makes that virtually impossible. This option would be a great addition to be under the radar. Not audiophile quality I'm sure, but could be some good bump and again don't have to remove it or worry about the kids either. Like your thinking and the price is pretty damn good too.

Thanks man! Selling my 12w3v3s in my silverado to go to 1 or 2 10s and I could totally take the sub from hoe and replace later for this box. Found a few reasonable subs to fit as well. Was worried about depth but a bunch of shallow mounts nowadays!

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling / sold my 2 - 15" Alpine Type R's (running 2500 watts RMS to the pair) and will end up going with something in the rear over the wheel well. I feel like that's a good spot if you can get some airspace backthere. Def nothing crazy, but a little bass

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling / sold my 2 - 15" Alpine Type R's (running 2500 watts RMS to the pair) and will end up going with something in the rear over the wheel well. I feel like that's a good spot if you can get some airspace backthere. Def nothing crazy, but a little bass
Def don't want that lol...talked to owner and I can mount amp on passenger side with OP box.