anyone used a pre-cut window tint kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has had experience with using a pre-cut window tint kit? questions that arise to me are quality of course but mainly how accurate is the cut of the film? I feel confident enough to get something like this and do it myself but would rather just take it somewhere if I need to do all the cutting myself.

thanks for any info and help.

here's a link to what got me wondering about this
http://www.amazon.com/Window-Tint-K...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely a DIY kind of guy and I don't think its worth the effort.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how they do it here at my work. Put in the vehicle info and cuts it all out. Wastes less material that way. If you are sure you can put it on and it's a 3m product. I don't see a issue with it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how they do it here at my work. Put in the vehicle info and cuts it all out. Wastes less material that way. If you are sure you can put it on and it's a 3m product. I don't see a issue with it.

this

most tint places now use a cutter (like vinyl) to cut tint now. So what they are doing is just selling you a pre-cut tint. Personally, I've tinted before so I have no issue buying it pre-cut. I just know people still so I don't need to worry about it.

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. 99% sure I could do it. Hell I work with vinyl everyday for a living and it would save me tons of money

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do buddy. May just tint the whole windshield and call it good for now. Bought the truck with the factory 20 on the backs and previous owner added 30 to the front two. My 04 had 5% on the front 2 with a 5% strip and 2% on the rest. Looked amazing but I can't see as is so it wasnt very practical for me later in the days

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I got 50% on the shield and 30% on front with 20% over factory in the rear and love it! Wish I could go darker on the front but don't want the hassle with the cops. Stopped once in 2 weeks of doing tint but since the front is all legal they let me go, still a hassle of having it darker

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the wife is taking it to our normal tint guy today to get the front 2 matched to the rears at 20% (birthday present) this is ultimately what I wanted and now I'm just going to have the whole windshield done at 30% and call her good. The windshield will help make everything appear darker from the outside and still let my terrible eyes see at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milano_II