AXN Axle and the Conversion U-Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't exist, it's not needed for the GMT900s.

My truck is a 4x4 with the 5.3. A 2010 4x4 with the 6.2 has the same driveshaft part number as mine and the u-joints in the components list is the same as verified at AAM. So for you fellas swapping in a 14-bolt Saginaw from a RWD Denali or Escalade, it will bolt right up with no need to shorten your driveshaft or put in a different kind of u-joint.

When doing this work though, it's always a good idea to freshen things up.

1638513118776.png

This little chart is right from AAM. It's not accurate as to application or year, I went by part number and checked them by the OE numbers and measurements I've taken. Also did this for the Sierra which also has a 14-bolt rear and curiously has a thinner diameter, though thicker, front driveshaft. That's a story for another day.

None of this has been verified for you guys with GMT800s so the fellas currently doing the swaps might want to add to the knowledge base here or link to here to help out those who come along after us.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't exist, it's not needed for the GMT900s.

My truck is a 4x4 with the 5.3. A 2010 4x4 with the 6.2 has the same driveshaft part number as mine and the u-joints in the components list is the same as verified at AAM. So for you fellas swapping in a 14-bolt Saginaw from a RWD Denali or Escalade, it will bolt right up with no need to shorten your driveshaft or put in a different kind of u-joint.

When doing this work though, it's always a good idea to freshen things up.

View attachment 356997

This little chart is right from AAM. It's not accurate as to application or year, I went by part number and checked them by me OE numbers and measurements I've taken. Also did this for the Sierra which also has a 14-bolt rear and curiously has a thinner diameter, though thicker, front driveshaft. That's a story for another day.

None of this has been verified for you guys with GMT800s so the fellas currently doing the swaps might want to add to the knowledge base here or link to here to help out those who come along after us.
VERY helpful, James. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts