Best Dash mat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went with a Dashskin. Made an executive decision to spend a little more to get original look. Thx
My '05 dash is still like new..... I wanted the cover to (1), keep the sun off. (2), the cover does not create heat in the cab, during the summer days. (3), no reflection.

But... to keep heat & sun out of the interior, I bought 8 years ago, a "sun shade"... but it lays on the outside of the windshield. It reflects the sun, and keeps the windshield from getting real hot.
It reduces the interior heat by MORE than 30 degrees! It's called a "Sun Shade to keep the snow from attaching to the glass". It rolls up nice and neat inside a bag ( as shown)
Costs around $25 bucks.

Attachments

• 20240506_152202.jpg
    20240506_152202.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240506_152342.jpg
    20240506_152342.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 4

ilikemikes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was lazy about a sun shade = cracked dash. I have my boat in the garage so Tahoe is out in the Texas heat. I like the exterior fit of your shade vs interior not sot great fit that I have. Mikez71, sorry didn't mean to over take your thread, but your thread help me-so thank you!

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was lazy about a sun shade = cracked dash. I have my boat in the garage so Tahoe is out in the Texas heat. I like the exterior fit of your shade vs interior not sot great fit that I have. Mikez71, sorry didn't mean to over take your thread, but your thread help me-so thank you!
The exterior shade has sizes to fit a car, or an suv..... or a full-size truck.
I promise.... your interior temp will drop !!
I also have the Weathertech window visors, and crack it open an inch to release the heat.
Where I live ( West Palm)..... The Sun is the same as in Cabo San Lucas!! Hot-Hot-Hot..
Also, lucky for me, I can park my Yukon inside my garage.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry didn't mean to over take your thread, but your thread help me-so thank you!
Don't be sorry, hope you can update with your results! I'm still waiting on samples, but will order something soon..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo