Best way to test 7-pin trailer connector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topaq

Reaction score
Or if you are like a lot of us that tow and get the Infamous "Check Trailer Brakes" warning and are told by the car dealer that its the trailers fault and told by the RV dealer its the cars fault -- You could do this that checks the light connections as well as the brake circuitry. Maybe not if its just the light connetions that you're worried about. But brake connection can only be tested by something that provides a load.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of trailer?

Something to move a 2005 Nissan Armada, and also for when I move to a new house.

U-Haul's website says that an Armada 4WD is too heavy (5500lbs), but an Xterra is fine (4400lbs). Their trailer is rated at 5290lbs, and I just saw that a RWD Armada is listed 5256lbs, but still too heavy per UHaul.

I might just wing it for the 6.2 mile drive on mostly flatish roads.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 miles? Why not AAA?

You sound like my GF with all that common sense.

I don't know if I renewed my AAA membership, actually. My insurance company offers free towing, but only for the vehicles on the policy, so I used that last time I needed a tow home; my front caliper froze, and made lots of heat and stinky smells.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just wish I knew someone that would let me borrow a trailer. The two that my neighbor has are for heavy equipment and weigh as much as my truck.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have rented the dual axle car trailers from U-haul in the past via online and just indicated I was hauling something much lighter...No proof was needed - this was the issue when I picked up a used Expedition for an niece at auction. I hauled it about 100 miles on their trailer with my Tahoe - worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb