Bigger brakes for GMT900 short of a C6 conversion kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brakes range in price a lot, I personally went with the baer erradispeed rotor upgrade front & rear that's about $1400 or so, willwoods run 4k, and others are much more. Some people are doing the 4 piston upgrade from the new generation trucks but you may run into wheel fitment issues depending on which wheels you run. Basically it all depends on your budget

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes range in price a lot, I personally went with the baer erradispeed rotor upgrade front & rear that's about $1400 or so, willwoods run 4k, and others are much more. Some people are doing the 4 piston upgrade from the new generation trucks but you may run into wheel fitment issues depending on which wheels you run. Basically it all depends on your budget

I have baer erradispeed on my c6, well it came with them when I got it used but I can say they are some quality parts.. many mountains trips/runs, 2 track days.. killed a set of hawk pads at both track days and melted the plastic center cap out of the rim the 2nd time, and that's with brake ducts. rotors are still solid, not warped or anything. can't say that for any of my friends that ran the same track days. they all replaced rotors where I Just rebuild the calipers, toss on new pads and back at it. the bear break-in process is the longest I've ever read, but they are doing something right.

if my yukon didn't have a bunch of regenerative braking programed in that I think upgrading brake would throw the calibration all out of wack, I'd definitely look into a set for it.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will those fit under 18's? I only have 17's, but would definately consider 18's with bigger brakes in the future...

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason I wonder, the online stock wheel size listings show 2015-2020 as having an 18" wheel option...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade brakes on my 2011 Suburban for towing out west next year. I found these kits at RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10617128&cc=3015549&pt=14204&jsn=1341 and https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10617108&cc=3015549&pt=14204&jsn=1342 but recent threads about PPV components has me wondering. Any thoughts on heavy duty brakes for the 1/2 ton Suburban?

Thanks in advance.
I bought that set for the front and rear of my lifted pickup a while back. The youngsters finally parked the truck and tore it down the other day so no first impressions yet. They are advertised for towing.

ACDelco Professional Towing Severe Duty Brake Parts (1)_Page_1.jpg

Oh, my kit from RA came with two sets of rear calipers. Upon closer inspection, it was part of the description though still a typo on their part. I kept them as spares as we have several trucks that all run the same brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts