Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are your flexible lines? Heard stories of internal collapse which causes pistons to not retract at times.
That leads into permanent braking and likely to hot rotors, but not to noise ..

It is strange, that you have that noise when you changed pads and rotors and the noise commes back.

What is, if you push the pads with a big screwdriver back, so that they not touch the rotors. What is then with the noise?

OP
OP
D

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
@nonickatall : When the issue started, I had some performance type rotors from 1A (slotted and drilled). I replaced the pads last year, as this is our travel vehicle, and replaced with whichever top pads that NAPA sells. I replaced this time using all NAPA, again whichever their top line pads/rotors are. The rotor surfaces look fine. I will post a pic as soon as I can.

BTW, I do play drums! I've been playing drums for about 40 years. I also play guitar, bass, piano and keys, am a sound and recording engineer, too.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DrummerDude70 Propably your pad rotor combination is the problem.... But thats only an idea.

Btw, i play the drums too. I would not call me a drummer but i love musik and i love to play.

Thats me on the drums. I recorded myself on my roland TD 30 kv in one take...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93