Bridgestone tires. good or bad? My experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if those Bridgestones were energy saver tires? Those have about 8/32s tread depth new. Pretty much at the required replacement depth for a leased vehicle turn in I think. Hard to beat premium Michelin tires for sure.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
The stock bridgestones suck, horrible traction and wear. I have Michilin Defenders on my wife's yukon and there is a night and day difference with these two. I can't wait for mine to be replaced with the defenders as well.

M Stewart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't typically gotten more than 30 to 35K miles on stock rubber. They put budget tires on at the factory for the most part and you can do MUCH better with a little research on Consumer Reports or TireRack.com. My second set on my '19 Tahoe were Continentals that lasted around 70K miles. I put another set on for the next 70K. We're at 130K and they look great!

wilcfr

Reaction score
Just replaced my Bridgestone Alenzas 275 50 22 on my 23 Yukon XL. 10,000 miles on them down to 5.5/32. I had a flat in one on the sidewall, so once I looked at them I was like, Ugh. Replaced all 4 and be done with them. Went with Pirelli Scorpion +3. Good looking tire.

Odd, my other Yukon has the Bridgestones and at 4,000 ,miles look brand spanking new.

Any opinions on these stock tires. I had no trouble with them on previous Suburban and Yukons.
I have had Nitto Grapplers on a 2004 Tahoe and loved them. I put them on my 2010 Explorer Express van after a bad experience with wear from a set of Yokohamas and loved them. I now have a set of Nitto Nomads on the van and love them. Obviously, I like Nitto tires. The Grapplers have a pretty aggressive tread but are reasonably quiet on the road and give great traction in loose sand, light mud and snow. The Nomads are quieter, handle a little better and still give you very acceptable performance on most terrains (Going to a secluded flyfishing site, trailhead or campground), and in any weather condition. I got 50K out of my last set of Grapplers on a heavy AWD conversion van and only replaced them because one had a mysterious slow leak that no one could trace. They still had probably 10-20K left on them.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, I think I will avoid replacing with Alenzas when it's time, as they seem to vary waaay to much. We are at 30k, with 20k of towing and ours are still great. They aren't the best traction in wet, but it's the first set, so I can't tell if it is the suspension or other characteristics of the vehicle itself. They are definitely great in the dry when not towing.

rswaug

Reaction score
We've got just shy of 12K on my wife's ride and they're only showing minimal wear. I just had them rotated for the 3rd time when it was serviced last week and I was pleasantly surprised when the tech was going over them. My wife isn't easy on it by any stretch either. When I got in it to wash it yesterday morning, the 25 mile average was at 11.7 so I know she's not unfamiliar with the gas pedal.

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Bridgestone Alenzas 275 50 22 on my 23 Yukon XL. 10,000 miles on them down to 5.5/32. I had a flat in one on the sidewall, so once I looked at them I was like, Ugh. Replaced all 4 and be done with them. Went with Pirelli Scorpion +3. Good looking tire.

Odd, my other Yukon has the Bridgestones and at 4,000 ,miles look brand spanking new.

Any opinions on these stock tires. I had no trouble with them on previous Suburban and Yukons.
Ok...so this has everything do with how sensitive you are to vibrations.

I've had Bridgestones come stock on every vehicle I've ever owned. Every single one of them has experienced vibrations with the exception of 1. And that was my Tahoe with the air suspension.

On every single one, I had the BS road forced balanced. And they consistently balance at 20-40 lbs of Road force. In nearly 16 years. I've never had a single BS balance below 20 lbs. Everyone has given a oscillation type vibration.

As soon as I switch to Michelin Defenders, my road force drops to 12 lbs or below. The vibrations are gone. Every single time. All my Foreman's, master techs, shop managers, etc...all immediately swap their BS for Michelin.

And if anyone remembers the whole issue with the roof cross beams were separating on the 2015-2017 Escalades, Suburbans, and Yukon XLs, dealerships were swapping BS for Michelins to reduce the impact on the roofs.

But as I mentioned. Folks that are not sensitive to vibrations seem to have no problems with BS. So YMMV. But for me, the BS are crap.

Skeeter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't say anything good about the 2 sets of Bridgestones I've had. One set on my old Montero Sport had a shimmy after 35mph. Costco rebalanced them twice with no effect. After they remounted and balanced did the shimmy get reduced but never went away. They did wear well, I go to 40k miles when I got a nail in the sidewall. I replaced them with a cheap set of Nexen which rode perfectly (no more shimmy). I got my wife a 2017 Subaru which came with a new set of Bridgestone Ecopia.s. The ride seems harsh and are very noisy on old asphalt. I picked up a 2007 Denali 3 years ago that came with 22" Falken's. They ride great, quiet, and after 20k I can't see any wear.

CaptainMurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ON my old 2007 Tahoe 250K and my 2020 Yukon 60k always used Michelin LTZ. Currently have 60k on them with probably another 10k before needing to replace them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123