Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The "powers that be" must have figured out what we are doing with these H3 mounts. The price has skyrocketed, I paid like $85 a piece for them back in 2019.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has used a hummer mount on the drivers side to keep form ripping apart from lifting and a oem mount on the passenger side to help with vibration.

hmm

oh and 25847739 is the correct part number for both sides right? without digging back thru 20pages.but that sounds right.

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has used a hummer mount on the drivers side to keep form ripping apart from lifting and a oem mount on the passenger side to help with vibration.

hmm

oh and 25847739 is the correct part number for both sides right? without digging back thru 20pages.but that sounds right.
I used 15854941 for D/S & 15854939 for P/S on 08 Yukon. About $100 each on Amazon.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 15854941 for D/S & 15854939 for P/S on 08 Yukon. About $100 each on Amazon.

like I really want to put oem mounts in, cause cheaper and smoother too. I can tell you this thing does not get driven hard at all. oem mounts should last the life of the car.

if the job wasn't horrible, I would. at this point thinking just do the drivers side for a while. do the pass later.

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like I really want to put oem mounts in, cause cheaper and smoother too. I can tell you this thing does not get driven hard at all. oem mounts should last the life of the car.

if the job wasn't horrible, I would. at this point thinking just do the drivers side for a while. do the pass later.
The job isn't completely horrible. Especially the D/S. I used my electric impact gun on the mount to frame bolts, jacked the engine up on the cat and then folded up the heat shield and used a swivel head socket and some swivel attachments. After twisting the mount around like a rubix cube I got it to slide out from the bottom without removing anything. I tried doing it with gloves on but didn't work so had to do it bare handed which means your hands will be completely shredded. Also MAKE SURE you jack holding the engine up is secure. If it slips out when you have your fingers under the mount it's gonna be messy. Also like I said before I would consider the newer style swivels mandatory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliCamarillo