Build Log: Down8's Tahoe Has a Nickname

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Down8

Reaction score
the brushed aluminum steering wheel inserts are they real aluminum or the painted plastic. mine are a painted plastic and got some wear marks on them. wouldn't mind replacing them if there was a nice set out that wouldn't do the same thing in a few years.
I got 'em off eBay, and they were colder than the surrounding plastic when I got in the truck this morning...? I honestly can't recall, but I think they are aluminum. I don't rest my hands there, so I don't know how they get so worn down.

Random side note: why, with a 1/2 empty parking lot, do ppl want to park right next to someone...? Couldn't even open my door fully.
PXL_20231119_171026247.jpg

Got 7th place in the 5k run. 26:33. I'll take it. I'll also take the breakfast of champions: McDonalds!
PXL_20231119_174527999.jpg

-bZj

OP
OP
D

Down8

Reaction score
Where did you purchase the seat covers? the foam?
Seat cover:
www.amazon.com/dp/B094XNBLK9
Matches better than the armrest does.

Foam:
It did not have the velcro that the cover should attach to near the back of the seat. My cover is just wedged in there, between the foam and the seat frame. I'm keeping an eye on it for movement.

-bZj

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random side note: why, with a 1/2 empty parking lot, do ppl want to park right next to someone...? Couldn't even open my door fully.
View attachment 414593

:mad:
This is why we have to have BSMs. I park waaay out in the open. Maybe half the time, when I come out of the store or mall, there's an "enthusiasts" car, like a Mustang or Charger, parked behind, ahead or next to me but with an empty spot in between us.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
-Deleted-

Posted in error

Post was delayed for random mod approval. Yes, I'm a random mod. ;)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my keyboard is dying. Not good; also infuriating....

Anyway, new tires (Pirelli Scorpion ATR, 275/60R20):
View attachment 414540
(The only thing I haven't done myself.)

Still greazy. And you can see how beaten up the BSM are.
View attachment 414541

New rear wiper arm+blade:
View attachment 414542

I put some work into the exterior black plastics:
View attachment 414543

Oh, and I did the cabin air filter retrofit:
View attachment 414544

Next,
-bZj
Yo man, I see your reflection in the rear glass. I sht you not, you look EXACTLY like the original previous owner of my ‘07.

Nice work there btw.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post was delayed for random mod approval. Yes, I'm a random mod. ;)

Weird. I accidentally quoted myself and never got the "awaiting approval" notification. Site be ackin' goofy lately. I always knew you were just a rando. :p

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weird. I accidentally quoted myself and never got the "awaiting approval" notification. Site be ackin' goofy lately. I always knew you were just a rando. :p

Well, I don't know the ins and outs of the app rules, but it will randomly hold off (for mod approval) a post that has either a pic or a web link posted. It's nothing personal to the poster, but as far as I can tell the action is totally like myself.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know the ins and outs of the app rules, but it will randomly hold off (for mod approval) a post that has either a pic or a web link posted. It's nothing personal to the poster, but as far as I can tell the action is totally like myself.

I don't take take it personally- it's a program that doesn't "know" any better. I've had it happen seemingly randomly to me but thought it was because it detected large amounts of skin in an image. I think I was posting a pic where I was holding a part or something. I figured it saw my huge, thick, erecť and throbbing finger and thought I was posting naughty images again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick