complete lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

possumsquisher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and have been trying to get the best info I can get. I have 285/75 R17's on it with a little rub. I have a ranchhand frontend replacement summit series that I'm going to put on it and I will need something that will handle the extra weight @ 170lbs. Going to put the rear bumper replacement also 130lbs

1. I was thinking of putting the Ford keys in the front to raise it 3".
Pros vs Cons how will it affect ride, stress cv joint, etc

2 Are new shocks needed? thinking Bilsteins 5100's what length will I need?

3 Rear 1.5" coil spacers. best brand for the buck? metal vs. poly? will
the poly ride smoother and will they last?

4 Will I need new rear shocks?

5 Sway bars Thoughts?

dms

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Z71 Tahoe and have been trying to get the best info I can get. I have 285/75 R17's on it with a little rub. I have a ranchhand frontend replacement summit series that I'm going to put on it and I will need something that will handle the extra weight @ 170lbs. Going to put the rear bumper replacement also 130lbs

1. I was thinking of putting the Ford keys in the front to raise it 3".
Pros vs Cons how will it affect ride, stress cv joint, etc

2 Are new shocks needed? thinking Bilsteins 5100's what length will I need?

3 Rear 1.5" coil spacers. best brand for the buck? metal vs. poly? will
the poly ride smoother and will they last?

4 Will I need new rear shocks?

5 Sway bars Thoughts?

Check out the Pedders 7714 and 7734 coils, will lift up the truck 30mm from stock height. We have dampers to support the coils as well. Not sure how much your vehicle is over a standard Tahoe. Rates of our coils are up approc 30-40% over OE

mike
dms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darryl251