Cost of Ownership: Denali vs SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Aside from MPG, higher ticket price, and therefore more depreciation to eat, what would be the big difference in ownership expenses of the Denali vs SLT?

For reference, I am talking Yukon XL. If you have a Suburban LT/Premier I suppose your input could be relevant too. I understand the 6.2 is a factor as is the suspension but just wondering if someone can provide more specific guidance?

I really want to know what to watch out for in the first 5 years of ownership on these vehicles.

Thank you.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the saying...if you have to ask about the price of the yacht...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Aside from MPG, higher ticket price, and therefore more depreciation to eat, what would be the big difference in ownership expenses of the Denali vs SLT?

For reference, I am talking Yukon XL. If you have a Suburban LT/Premier I suppose your input could be relevant too. I understand the 6.2 is a factor as is the suspension but just wondering if someone can provide more specific guidance?

I really want to know what to watch out for in the first 5 years of ownership on these vehicles.

Thank you.
I believe the more equipment, the higher the cost of ownership in mainrenance and repair as well as insurance. I would expect the Denali to have a higher vehicle symbol than the SLT. Additionally, there is more to break on it. If a warranty is purchased, I would expect that to be higher too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the saying...if you have to ask about the price of the yacht...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A little too superficial for my liking. I prefer, "just because you have it, doesn't mean you should waste it."

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SLT here...

Aside from a few features, I do not miss a Denali. Some seem to have issues with the magnetic ride. There seems to be enough to worry about with the SLT. I am glad for (slightly) simpler.

OP
OP
J

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SLT here...

Aside from a few features, I do not miss a Denali. Some seem to have issues with the magnetic ride. There seems to be enough to worry about with the SLT. I am glad for (slightly) simpler.
We rented a SWB SLT in Florida back in March and really enjoyed the 2 weeks we had with it. The only thing I noticed was that the suspension was very bouncy/springy over curb cut-outs when entering/exiting parking lots. Other than that SLT had a LOT of great features and I'm just not sure the Denali is worth the extra $10k. Like you said, the suspension would probably be the biggest suspect.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being argumentative, but big factors in 'cost of ownership' are how much the vehicle is used and in what manner. That is, if you drive only up to 10K miles per year, don't haul and don't subject the vehicle to heavy use, the cost of maintenance and repair should be about the same between both vehicles. On the other hand, heavy use overall may increase the delta.

OP
OP
J

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty average user. No heavy duty or towing. Suburban driving mostly. About 12,0000mi/20,000km per year.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty average user. No heavy duty or towing. Suburban driving mostly. About 12,0000mi/20,000km per year.

Based on that, I doubt that you'll see any real difference in cost of ownership between the trim levels that you are considering beyond cost of acquisition.

OP
OP
J

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was just curious what comments are out there. With the 4Runner, some people experience shorter brake life and on the Limited trim, the XREAS can be an issue if you have a leak because the whole suspension apparently has to be replaced. Just trying to fully understand what I might be buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde