Crank re-learn not working...EFI experienced guys come on in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crank re-learn not working...*fixed!! Tune is awesome!*

I got the PCM from Justin at Black Bear Performance today, but I can't quite enjoy it yet. I didn't have to do the annoying Security Relearn thank god - my truck started right up. However, when I pull up the EFI scan tool to do the crank relearn, it doesn't work. I follow the instructions and hit the "CASE" button, but the "ok" light doesn't appear below the deactivate button like its supposed to, so the re-learn isn't taking place when I rev it to 4000 RPM like I'm supposed to (no fuel cut off or anything).

What gives? All of the approriate contollers have been selected, and I'm connected via my laptop...so what am I missing?

Last edited:

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the top there is an enable and disable button, did you choose enable? May say activate and something else, been a minute since I looked at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top of what? I see an activate and deactivate button within the learning tab, but nothing that says enable and disable. I've got justins instructions in front of me here and it doesn't mention anything besides setting the parking brake, putting my foot on the brake, and hitting the CASE button.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My instructions didnt say anything about hitting another button either, but I had to hit the activate button then continue following the instructions for it to work.

edit: Sorry if I was a little unclear before I'm on my mac so I couldnt look at the program and I did mine a week ago. Ran out and got the laptop though, under the learning tab there is an activate deactivate button like you said, while doing mine I spent a few minutes wondering what was wrong also then decided to hit activate and try again and it worked perfect. If selected it should be a light blue color I believe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I got it to work that time. The "OK" light is still on, even after I shut the truck off. Am I ok to disconnect from EFI Live at this point and then go for a drive to check out the new tune? (30 seconds has more than lapsed lol)

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, mine was like that too lol, just hit disconnect and your good to go.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
drive up to denver and we'll get a beer, you need to datalog anyway.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heh, whats up Max? You finally made it over to the new forum I see. No go on the drive tonight, we had our capets cleaned and the house is torn to shreds...lots of furniture to move around lol.

What are you up to tomorrow? Do you still want to run a quick scan for your longtubes?

By the way, the new PCM is great! Lots more power on tap...pulling out onto 85 from my street takes no effort whatsoever now - I'm at 65+ before I realize how fast I'm going. :rocking:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Good to know the tune works well, just wait until you drive it a bit. I'm working until 6 tomorrow but wouldn't mind checking my tune if you wanna meet up. Pretty sure it's good but I know Justin can get more out of it. Still haven't put my vette servo in either. You still running stock exhaust? If so we'll have to fix that :gr_grin:

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, stock exhaust. Bleh. It's DEFINITELY on my list...along with an intake and those 5100s we were talking about a few months back...but my budget is ****** right now, as usual. You have no idea what it took to convice the wifey to let me do the tune, look how long it took! Almost a year lol.

Thinking about hitting up Midas or something just to get a flowmaster 50 series and chrome tip installed, I think they'd probably do it for like $150, maybe a little less. Haven't asked yet....but thats all I really want - just a little more sound. Thats down the road though. I'm not allowed to spend any more money right now. :emotions122:

Edit: but yeah man if you wanna meet up tomorrow shoot me a PM, I don't have anything planned for tomorrow night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74