DD nav in non-dd truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, what do you do for a living?

I'm loving the nav! This is something I can show to my wife and she will be all over it! I just changed the radio out in my 95 silverado so those adapters are looking very familiar right now. Good work.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JK, what do you do for a living?

I'm loving the nav! This is something I can show to my wife and she will be all over it! I just changed the radio out in my 95 silverado so those adapters are looking very familiar right now. Good work.

Thanks man. I've been installing and working on automotive electronics and custom fabrication for about 17 yrs.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how did you get into it?

I've always been into cars, electronics, and making things on my own whenever I could, so I took an electronics and automotive class in school. I worked on all my friends cars in school and a local shop took me in and that's where I started. I learned most of my fab skills from watching more experienced installers and also doing a lot on my own. I did more studying and acquired my MECP 1st Class and ASE A6 automotive electrical certs, and also did some studying in acoustical properties.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been into cars, electronics, and making things on my own whenever I could, so I took an electronics and automotive class in school. I worked on all my friends cars in school and a local shop took me in and that's where I started. I learned most of my fab skills from watching more experienced installers and also doing a lot on my own. I did more studying and acquired my MECP 1st Class and ASE A6 automotive electrical certs, and also did some studying in acoustical properties.

wow. that's cool. i've wanted to get into the same line, but i can't decide between that or culinary school

02tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks JK. That was exactly what I was looking for.
On a side note you guys need to get the donations set-up. I have no usefull knoweledge to give but sure do get a lot of money saving info off of here!:Handshake:

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree...let's sticky this. This seems to be a common question dating back to the old tf.com site. Nice work on the '04 install JK. That looks really clean.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to fill in the sides of the DD?? Is that just more MDF or did you use an ABS plastic? Looks awsome BTW. I had to deal with this in my camaro and well its on the list for the truck.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He mentioned on the old forum that it is ABS plastic. It's a pretty good looking install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts