Double stack 50 LED light bar questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so i got the Lights in today for the second time and they still don't fit the Light bar I was planning on using . John deere really had the only h9405 bulb ever made and the only ones I can find have a 100 hour life span . So I tried the after market to no avail Anyways Im shit canning that Idea and instead going with 2 50" LEd Light bars stacked on top one another . heres my question Ive seen everything in price
I.E
Cree Offers one dual row LED 50" for around $250
Rigid industries offers the same thing for $1200????
other companies are between these two numbers but those being the lowest and highest price

First and foremost Im not paying 2400 dollars for lights thats just idiotic not to be installed on a 4 thousand dollar truck My question is however is Do you really get what you pay for with them? and how the hell can rigid industries cost 800 dollars more for practically the same product

STL.Joe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good question, wondering the same thing myself. I'm about to put a single bar on and I didn't want to waste money by spending too much or get a pos by spending too little.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, Im still doing my research turns out Rigid Industries is a "american" company and cree is Chinese . However I highly doubt that Rigid is a total american company . Even if they are assembled here Doesn't mean that they make the parts here . Even so I still can't fathom spending over 2gs for these lights I would rather buy 10 maglights and duct ape them to the roof

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cree is a nc company I thought. They make the LEDs

Cree was formed in 1987 by researchers from North Carolina State University.

In 2005, Cree opened a subsidiary, Cree Asia-Pacific Ltd., in Hong Kong.[2][3]

In March 2007, Cree acquired Cotco Luminant Device Ltd of Hong Kong for $200 million.[4] Cotco is a supplier of high brightness LEDs in China.

In 2009, Cree announced an agreement to purchase a 592,000-square-foot (55,000*m2) facility in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China, Cree’s first chip production facility outside of North America.[5] Also in 2009, Cree announced an expansion at its Durham plant.[6]

On February 8, 2012, Cree announced the XLamp XT-E, which they said delivers twice as much light for the same price as older LEDs.[7]

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cree is a nc company I thought. They make the LEDs

Cree was formed in 1987 by researchers from North Carolina State University.

In 2005, Cree opened a subsidiary, Cree Asia-Pacific Ltd., in Hong Kong.[2][3]

In March 2007, Cree acquired Cotco Luminant Device Ltd of Hong Kong for $200 million.[4] Cotco is a supplier of high brightness LEDs in China.

In 2009, Cree announced an agreement to purchase a 592,000-square-foot (55,000*m2) facility in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China, Cree’s first chip production facility outside of North America.[5] Also in 2009, Cree announced an expansion at its Durham plant.[6]

On February 8, 2012, Cree announced the XLamp XT-E, which they said delivers twice as much light for the same price as older LEDs.[7]

This is why I love Lee :jaw drop: Cree it is as Im a fellow North carolinian

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Cree stuff is mostly made in China and the Rigid stuff is mostly made in the USA (although probably still using chinese LEDs). If you are trying to figure out why a price gap exists, this is certainly one component.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no such word as overkill

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am happy with my Rigids but that does not help this discussion at all so carry on without me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottishJeff

Latest posts