Drives but limited power...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAWKNEEBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok today I went to town and came out to start it and would not stay started computer said it didn't know me and all cabin lights stayed on power locks were dead only thing on the dash that worked was the tac and the speed o I kept cranking it over and gave it gas got it started took off like a bat out of hell to get home... have a screen shot of what it was doing while driving home... i don't even know where to start any help appreciated.IMG-4158.jpeg View attachment 233772 View attachment 233773 View attachment 233774 View attachment 233775

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL "it's" computer told you it didnt know you? YOU WIN DARWIN AWARD FOR TODAY and you somehow got a "special" GM model of an unknown "It" model.

OP
OP
JAWKNEEBEE

JAWKNEEBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok sorry 03 Tahoe LT and the computer said unknown driver.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry 03 Tahoe LT and the computer said unknown driver.
You mean the instrument cluster information readout just below your gear selected readout displayed "unknown driver"?

After scratching my head thinking what on earth is this guy smoking...i got it! The unknown driver is referring to driver 1 and driver 2 for power seat and mirror settings. Your tahoe will memorize 2 drivers settings and move them automatically when Key FOB 1 or 2 is used OR button 1 or 2 is pushed on your drivers side door near window switches. This module I believe is under your driver seat. Try this first, disconnect battery both neg and pos AND....pay attention here closely and follow exactly. Take neg and pos battery wires that are DISCONNECTED from battery and touch the two wires together (battery not connected at all) for 60 seconds. Then reconenct to battery and see if all is well. Im not sure if this is related to your no start condition.
Ive gotta hand it to you, I own not one but two 2003 Tahoe LT and have never seen any goofy shyiet like this out of them. You got gremlins or a black cloud following you!

Check underneath both front seats for wiring harness pinched in seat metal track. Check fuses for power seats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAWKNEEBEE

JAWKNEEBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok took it in today and they said fuel consumption sensor P0178B and of course my knock sensor P0327B

not sure how to find the fuel sensor looked on Amazon wasn’t very successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk

Latest posts