Dual in/dual out for 96 2dr.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a cat-back system for my 96 2dr 5.7ltr. It has duals into the muffler and a single out factory system. I'd like to get a dual in/dual out set up. I've found them for the 4 door version of the tahoe but not the 2 door. Gibson seems most prevalent. The system from the cats forward seems fine though I suspect a leak someplace. I can smell it I think. Anybody have a place to shop for what I want? Please advise

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my grandpa's 96 2 door, we had to build our own exhaust system. He has a 2 in, 2 out Flowpro muffler, with, two split rears at 45's. If you need pictures of it, I can get some for you

If I recall correct, we could not find a exact kit for his truck. The reason why we had to make our own

OP
OP
V

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt, thanks for the response. If you've got some images I'd love to see them. This forum has been great and helped me a ton. Yer just one of the guys that makes this forum great!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC there isn't a prefabed dual setup for a 2 door because of the bends around the driver side of the fuel tank and shock. (not much room)

had mine done at a local shop 2 in 2 out flowaster 50 series 45'd stainless tips.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote local shop, stop in, they should be able to give you a price right there

slomo26

Reaction score
Banks Exhaust makes a cat back kit, or they did. I have one on mine. ( I can't find the kit anymore so they may have stopped making it.)

Last edited:

arb905

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the local shop. I stopped at one and told him what I wanted and he told me they wouldn't do it. So I plan to get a custom rod kit and build my own. What size duals are you guys going with? I was looking at 2.5" with dual short cherry bombs.

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't remember the exact cost but the muffler was most of it. prices may differ quite a bit from region to region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowassc10