Engine Used Oil Analysis Report & Filter Guts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ont240

Reaction score
I have run Amsoil many times in my vehicles since 2009. That's when I became a preferred Amsoil customer. It's good stuff. Here's a thread I did when I ran it in my Denali not long ago:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...w183k-miles-amsoil-0w-20-w-8-5k-miles.139128/
I'm currently running Amsoil (10 gals) in the 12.7L Detroit that's in our Prevost bus/mh.

I run Amsoil atf, gear oil, and grease in my vehicles too.

If I were to describe any 1 oil brand as "THE BEST" it would be HPL by:
https://www.hplubricants.com/about-us/
Customer Service beyond compare. After talking to you, they'll custom blend you whatever is decided. They have on the shelf products too. Of course you don't get something for nothing.
I would avoid any Fram . Amsoil or wix filter. O7 with over 300k motor never touched!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would avoid any Fram . Amsoil or wix filter. O7 with over 300k motor never touched!

yeah, funny thing that. fram now makes good filters, on the level and even some applications off the same line as the Amsoil filter and the wix lags behind most as far as micron ratings go.

the days of the old orange 2$ fram being the cheapest worst filter on the market are long gone.

but yes, nothing is better than fresh oil changes.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll use any brand oil filter - but NEVER any brand's 'basic' or 'economy' or 'low-budget' offering.
Fram has SEVEN different types oil filter for Gen3 V8s (trying to confuse me, eh?)
Purolator has three
Wix has two
So long as I avoid the bottom-rung ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlpfcb