Front Caliper Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccubbinsjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon XL SLT RWD 180K

I have been doing the maintenance on this truck ever sicnce the warrenty expired and the biggest costs has always been brake pads for me.
I upgraded to EBC Green pads and love them but they dont last very long.
I have started to notice that the front caliper piston boots are degrading but not leaking. I belive that its starting to cause brake fade and want to swap them out. They always work great until I get into the city where I have stop/go traffic for 20 miles.
I havent found any real videos on how to do it or what kits I can do it with online that keeps me from going modified. Id rather keep it stock until I swap it all out on all 4 corners.

Thanks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If it were me, I'd go with new calipers versus rebuilding the existing ones. Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and check out the cost of new calipers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28