Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbtessier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where are you located? I have the same problem and I am in Georgia and trying to have mine repaired by GM.

I am in Minnesota. Eventually they did replace our dash, but not after accusing us first of doing the damage ourselves. Not sure if it was the complaint I filed with GM Customer Service, a call made by a family member from another GM dealership, or both - doesn't matter really since it is now fixed. Good luck!

slydoghoward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cracked Dashboard

Here's pics of mine showing same crack in same location. Mine is a 2007 Tahoe and I just noticed in a week ago.

Attachments

• Dashboard1.jpg
    Dashboard1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 156

denash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dash is cracked in the same spot as all the others, I already called and hopefully GMC will do the right thing and replace it at no charge. So far they offered to cover 80% because my Yukon is out of warranty, but like I told the customer service person ; I'd agree with that offer if it was something that goes thru normal wear from daily mechanical use but a dash does not and you'd expect a dash to last a minimum of 10 years. I have a 1999 Toyota that never goes in the garage and the dash is in perfect condition my Yukon gets pampered and cracks for no reason, WTH???. BTW I was about to purchase a foreign hybrid but I did not because I've been looking forward to the new Chevy Volt but now i'm seriously having second thoughts.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

No cracks here, ive always used a sun shield in the summer and the vehicle is always in the shade because i park under a oak tree. Also wipe the dash with cleaning wipes from time to time. Hope im one of the fortunate ones

I use a sun shield, wipe it down and park it in the garage and it still cracked....
I was told by the dealer that those are stress points that cracked from a poorly designed dash, so if you're lucky enough not have that problem (yet) I'd still keep my eye on it, after all the dash on your Tahoe/ Yukon is not a one of a kind.:Wedgie:

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.
I took my car to get detailed today, after having my ls 07, since 07, i had never had armor all touch my dashboard, but today i said f--- it, do it. The detail guy tells me, "before I do the dash, you have a cracked, just above the airbag, on the passenger side. I looked. And yep there is a crack, my Hoe is out of warranty, has anybody had success having gm change their dash.

Tcwhite

Reaction score
I have a crack on the front side of the passenger side airbag. The dealership got a third party interior guy to come in and try to fix it. He did a ****** job and a couple days later it was back to being cracked. My girlfriend took my truck up there last week and was trying to get the service writer to warranty it. He told her that if I didn't have an extended warranty that gm would replace it for free but since I have an extended warranty I would have to pay out of pocket for the dash which is $600 plus labor. What kind of shit is that? I told him I didn't mind paying my $100 deductible extended warranty thing to get it fixed. I told him that I was going to call gm this week and tell them what I think. Who else agrees with me?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I sure do agree with you Todd, a cracked dash in any car over $20k new or used in unacceptable in every way.
If this ever happened to me, I would flip out ig they tried to say they can't cover it!

byukon10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GMC Yukon DASH CRACK!!

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon and the dash board above the steering wheel has cracked. Also, the painted surfaces under the ac vents of the driver side and middle units above the navigation are bubbling up as well. After looking at some of the other posts I called the GM customer service number, got a SR#, and the CSA told me to take it in to a chevy dealership that is 5 miles from my house, closest GMC is 30 miles. After taking it in and after an hour of waiting, stupid advisor comes back and says that I have a GMC and they only service Chevys. So I called the customer service number back and explained the situation about what happened at the dealership. CSA told me the original person working on the case will call me back. Will give update as soon as I hear something.

haneyweb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 tahoe and i have the same cracked dashboard above my steering. It just happened last week. Im going to contact the dealership and see what they say.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 tahoe and i have the same cracked dashboard above my steering. It just happened last week. Im going to contact the dealership and see what they say.

"This shit is ******"

I'm sure there would be some attorney that would start a civil suit if it was common enough... there have to be probably damn near 100k Tahoes, Yukons, Escalades out there. Maybe it's the plastic used in the black dash only? Has anyone with a tan had a crack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500