Front seats for a PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterkay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front seats of my new PPV is fairly shot. The local police force leans heavily towards starchy foods for their caloric needs and even though the truck has low miles, the cloth is torn and the cushions are flat. I understand that any seats from the same chevy platform will fit this truck e.g. silverado, suburban, escalade, including the heated seats. Can anyone tell me which are the best seats to get? Also, can the new (e.g. 2014+) seats used? It looks like chevy made upped the quality of the interior in the 4th generation.

OP
OP
P

peterkay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look into Theseatshop based in Houston. They have cloth and leather replacement covers, plus the foam if you need that.
Thanks, however, I'd rather get something slightly more fancy that the basic seats I have on this rig now. Could I use heated/cooled seats from the escalade from the same generation?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, however, I'd rather get something slightly more fancy that the basic seats I have on this rig now. Could I use heated/cooled seats from the escalade from the same generation?
The seats should bolt up. Get ting the electrical stuff sorted may be more fun. A few have done it on here. You may have to dig in the archives.

Dander1860

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Escalade or Denali should fit fine. Picked mine up on fb marketplace. Did console also. Required electrical work, but are fine. Had it done at a shop, so can’t answer questions on the install.

waveryd

Reaction score
The front seats of my new PPV is fairly shot. The local police force leans heavily towards starchy foods for their caloric needs and even though the truck has low miles, the cloth is torn and the cushions are flat. I understand that any seats from the same chevy platform will fit this truck e.g. silverado, suburban, escalade, including the heated seats. Can anyone tell me which are the best seats to get? Also, can the new (e.g. 2014+) seats used? It looks like chevy made upped the quality of the interior in the 4th generation.
As stated above the seats will bolt up if they are from the '07-'14 generation of trucks. The wiring harnesses are completely different. Not difficult to get the seat position adjustments to work with some wire hacking but heating and cooling will be a different story. You will also have airbag codes unless you can get that sorted out in the wiring particularly if you try to use non-airbag seats in an airbag equipped truck. The BCM of the PPV is not programmed for heating and cooling. If you are able to program modules you can possibly make it work. You will likely need new foam if the seats are in rough shape and it is available as are aftermarket cloth and leather covers. If you want heated seats an aftermarket set up will be much less expensive and much simpler. Get your credit card ready. The cost of this project can snowball quickly. I have just been through all of this on my 2014 PPV.

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated above the seats will bolt up if they are from the '07-'14 generation of trucks. The wiring harnesses are completely different. Not difficult to get the seat position adjustments to work with some wire hacking but heating and cooling will be a different story. You will also have airbag codes unless you can get that sorted out in the wiring particularly if you try to use non-airbag seats in an airbag equipped truck. The BCM of the PPV is not programmed for heating and cooling. If you are able to program modules you can possibly make it work. You will likely need new foam if the seats are in rough shape and it is available as are aftermarket cloth and leather covers. If you want heated seats an aftermarket set up will be much less expensive and much simpler. Get your credit card ready. The cost of this project can snowball quickly. I have just been through all of this on my 2014 PPV.
I would bet that there is a way to rig up heating/cooling as a standalone without the BCM being involved.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it's probably pretty routine stuff for people who know electronics.

Definitely try to get any and all wiring pigtails from the donor truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite