Frustrated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 01 Tahoe. Been great until recently and it seems like it has just gone down hill. Doesn't seem to be running as good as it used to. Also has a crappy alignment and ride. Probably need new tires soon too. Just needs a good tune up I guess. Just have to figure out where to start!
/rant

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Oh, and the radio stopped working. No power or anything. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, just annoying.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
o Start with plugs, cheap and easy install.

o You can do an alignment at home with a few basic tools. It wont be computer perfect but if you are running thru tires because of this, it will help.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Just got work done on my tahoe and I came out to my truck and the radio was dead. I thought wtf now I have to deal with this bs. Really long story but in the end my fuse had blown under hood but didnt look blown or burnt. I exchanged the fuses just to see what would happen and voila!!!! Maybe thats youre issue too.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
New plugs buy good one! Wires MSD are only $45.00, clean your coil packs and or replace. Sea foam it in the tank and through the brake booster, clean Throttle body butterfly plate. And whole throttle body easy., clean MAF sensor. Check fuses and relays on electoral issues . You can do a basic alainmen in your driveway or pay to get it done. Run a tank of premium fuel although Colorado doesn't have as hi a octane as here due to tree hungers!

Note: do the see foam before you do the tune up so new plugs go in afterwards!

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will let you know what I end up doing.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, sounds like we need to spend a couple days off wrenching on your truck and getting it squared away.

Plugs, wires, TB cleaning/coolant bypass, and seafoam should have her running tip top.

I'll bring beer. :D

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy, sounds like we need to spend a couple days off wrenching on your truck and getting it squared away.

Plugs, wires, TB cleaning/coolant bypass, and seafoam should have her running tip top.

I'll bring beer. :D

Sounds good dude! Been a while since I have been on here. Crazy busy at work lost some people so I will have about 13 days in a row of work coming up.

Might have to take you up on that! I need knew tires before I go anywhere. front insides are wearing horribly!

Hope things are going good dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leschew