fuel pump nightmare.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
See rockenbwtie joined just to help you. He was on the Tahoe forum and I asked him to help here and is now a member. He is an instructor and right there when it comes to figuring out problems. This forum should hire me as a recruiter dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
2door2wheel

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I THINK I GOT IT!!!!!!!! it appears to be the sending unit!!! the sending unit pipe is leaking but, leaking on the inside of the tank. thats why i didnt see it or smell it. it explained why the pressure would not reach 60 psi and why the pressure drop off as soon as you let go of the key! i really want to thank all of you guys for your advice especially raideron and sunlitcomet you guys always have somthing usefull to add to a post! thank you for taking your time to help me .

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't forget the others that put their $.02 in. They came from another forum to help but glad it is now working if in fact it is all good.

OP
OP
2door2wheel

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the others that put their $.02 in. They came from another forum to help but glad it is now working if in fact it is all good.
i am grateful for everyone that helped here(and came here to help). you guys are the best. it seems good for now. i let it run for a while and its back to its old self so i think im in the clear. fingers crossed

sgtpoliteness

Reaction score
Sweet! So, we're you just replacing the pump then and not the entire assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great, I hope it continues. Never did hear if you had changed the fuel filter or how old it is. Unless I missed that.

:hmmm2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde