GM/Brembo Performance brakes - thoughts + pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post something positive after not liking the GM perf. exhaust, overrated and a pass imo.

The Brembo brakes on the other hand, BUY them if you like pedal feel or are coming from a German car. I feel everything they quote in the release - 42% larger, 16.1 rotors, 84 percent increase in brake pad area, 31 percent reduction in pedal force and 12 percent reduction in pedal. Imo, well worth the money.

For me, I felt the stock brake pedal was mushy, especially on hard braking - how hard do I need to push to get some feedback or get it to stop? They never gave me confidence.

When bedding the rotors/pads today, they actually overpowered the tires and locked them up a little which is the feeling I would prefer. The stock brakes could never overpower the tires which is sad because the tires are made for a mileage goal and road noise (imo), thus not the stickiest compound available. The downside to the brakes, now I want to show them off and look for a new tire/wheel combo. Very happy with this addition. Yes, they are expensive but it is something I felt the first time I pressed the brake pedal.
IMG_0462.jpeg

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I am ready for this upgrade over the stock setup, do we "have to" go via GM part numbers or can we buy direct thru Brembo? I would rather see "Brembo" vs "Performance".
I bought mine directly through a Brembo supplier (BuyBrakes.com). The turn around was incredibly fast. The rotors arrived first, and the custom color matched calipers arrived two days later.